The Speedcam-SE app uses the phone GPS and a “Point of interest” database of speed cameras to display notifications as you approach camera-objects.
With a local POI database the app can operate without a 3G mobile network connection.
To unlock extra features and remove ads you can buy the unlock key (requires version 1.1):
Your current position and positions of nearby cameras can be viewed via the built in map view.
Pro features include:
* Consider camera direction (if present in POI data)
* Consider own speed and camera limit (if present in POI data)
* Run in background (lock screen and still get audio warnings)
* No ads
Note that the app does not come with a built in database. There is a simple import process that reads “Garmin (csv)” files on the form:
13.27141, 55.53639, "[email protected]
13.25691, 55.55859, "[email protected]
Many “GPS data files” (POI databases) are available for free download on the internet. To import data simply put your downloaded data file on the sd-card – named “speedcams.csv”.
For further instructions see:
1) This app and its author does not encourage driving above the speed limit.
2) Since the functionality is dependent on a POI database of your choice this app makes no guarantee about the correctness of the warning function.
New features in the unlocked version:
* Improved warning dialog - large speed signs displayed
* Added ability to change the warning distance in settings.