This app was previously called Spotify Controller.
SpotController lets you control the official Spotify program on your computer.
Supports Windows, Linux and Mac.
PLEASE contact us by mail before submitting low ratings or negative comments. Show your support and remove ads by purchasing SpotController Donate.
* The official Spotify client must be installed on your computer. Please make sure that you can start Spotify and play music with it, prior to using SpotController.
* Linux or Windows. For Linux you must use the the Linux version of Spotify (not the one running under Wine). We have tested SpotController on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Ubuntu, Debian. If you get it to work on other versions/platforms please inform us so we can update this information.
* To be able to populate app with playlists/songs you must have the official Spotify app installed on your device.
* Start/stop song
* Skip to next/previous song
* Use the official Spotify app to populate your own favorite list of playlists and songs
* Control the volume (using the volume buttons on the device)
* Configure multiple servers, e.g. if you want to control more than one computer
* Shortcut in notification bar for easy access (can be disabled)
* Change color theme
* Show album art (can be disabled)
* Animations (can be disabled)
* Supports both phones (normal screen size) and tablets (large screens)
1. Download SpotController server from here:
- Windows: https://db.tt/khYIkXHj
- Linux: https://db.tt/5nS0TpaW
- Mac: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17080422
To upgrade server:
1. Extract the new software to the same place.
2. Run the install script again.
Known limitations (Windows only):
* Since the official Spotify client in Windows does not start playing playlists automatically, we need to kill Spotify and start it again when playlists are sent to the client. Drawbacks: slower loading of playlists and possibly dead icons in system tray.
* External Storage - backup history items and server settings
* Wifi/Network State - advice the user to use Wifi
* Internet - access the SpotController Server
tags: Spotify, Remote, Spotimote, Unified
* Improved icons
* Fixed two bugs (from crash reports)
* Minor notification fix
* Control SpotController from lock screen
* Improve notification
* Remove support for older Android versions (because of features above)
* Bug fix: NoSuchMethodError android.app.Notification$Builder.setPriority
* Bug fix: app closes automatically when resuming
* Control SpotController from Notification (Android 3+)
* Menu button for 10" tablets
* Menu button on start page