The Sprint Direct Connect Now app brings Sprint® Direct Connect® push-to-talk (PTT) communications to select Android powered smartphones. The Sprint Direct Connect Now app enables push-to-talk communications with Sprint Direct Connect and Nextel Direct Connect devices including best-in-class features such as 1-to-1 calling and group calling all with the convenience of touchscreen controls.
Simply download the app and sign up for Sprint Direct Connect service which is included for no additional charge on many service plans or available for an additional $5 per month for other plans (excludes Sprint Surcharges and taxes).
Setting up your device:
1. Verify your phone software is up to date. Settings > System Update > Update Software (See compatible phones section below for version numbers)
2. Download the Sprint Direct Connect Now app from Google Play.
Signing up for Service:
3. Sign in to your account at sprint.com.
4. Select “Change my services” from the “Manage this device” dropdown menu on the “My account” Tab.
5. Select Unlimited Direct Connect and Group Connect under Push-to-Talk add-ons.
Please be aware that it may take a few hours before you can use Sprint Direct Connect. Please dial *2 to call customer care if you need assistance.
• 1-to-1 Direct Connect Calls
• Interoperable with Nextel Direct Connect phones for 1 to 1 calls
• Group Connect Calls up to 21 participants - Use “select multiple” from application contacts list to create on the fly group calls
• Send Call Alerts to notify others you want to talk without interrupting
• Synchronizes contacts with your devices address book
• Create favorites for your most contacted Direct Connect contacts
• Kyocera Rise – Requires device software version 1.005SP or newer 1.011SP
• LG Optimus Elite - Requires device software version LS696ZVF
See sprint.com for currently available devices.
• To take full advantage of expanded Sprint Direct Connect coverage, please go to your phone’s roaming settings and enable domestic data roaming.
• Sprint Direct Connect Now will increase battery usage. If you are not planning to make or receive Sprint Direct Connect calls, you may save battery by selecting “Go offline” under the app settings.
keywords: direct connect, push-to-talk, walkie talkie, push to talk, nextel, sprint, ptt, two-way radio, group connect, alert, direct connect now, qchat, sdc now, sdc, dc.
What's in this version:
✓Improved battery life
✓Ability to hide status icon when online
✓Sign up for service from Sprint.com mobile site on the device
✓Start Ad-Hoc Group Calls from call log
✓Enhanced Bluetooth headset support
✓Introduce incoming call pop-up