Spydroid is a free and open source app. that streams the camera and microphone of your phone to your browser or to VLC ! Windows, Mac and Linux are supported.
It's also an awesome app for pulling off pranks: you can remotly trigger funny sounds on your phone or toggle its flash.
Get the PRO version to get rid of the ads: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.majorkernelpanic.spydroidd
If you're still not convinced here is a feature list that sums up pretty well what spydroid is capable of:
- The stream can be directly read by VLC which is great because VLC is a very powerful tool, for example you can really easily record the stream in a file. See the FAQ to find out how.
- You can enable/disable sound or video streaming
- The resolution, the bitrate and the framerate of the stream can be configured remotly... Two video encoders are available for the video streaming: H.263 and H.264. For sound streaming AMR and AAC are available.
- The flash can be controlled remotly !
- You can choose between the back facing camera and the front facing camera (if your phone has one)
- Funny sounds can be played on the phone from the HTTP interface ! Awesome isn't it ? :p
- Streams can be multicasted (ie. they can be played back on several computers at once if your network allows it. See explanations in the FAQ)
- You can like the facebook page, and yes this is a feature !
If you have questions, check out this FAQ: https://code.google.com/p/spydroid-ipcamera/wiki/FAQ.
If you enjoyed Spydroid, or its source code (that I've tried to make as clear as possible), please rate the app on Google Play, I would reallllly realllly appreciate :) And if you go and like the facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/spydroidipcamera), you will be rewarded with all my gratitude :p
Follow the project on googlecode to know what changed exactly !
New in v8.0
- Button to make the phone vibrate remotely
- Battery level of the phone indicated
- Added basic RTCP support for lip sync