Introducing Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 explores the exciting enhancements and new capabilities engineered into SQL Server, ranging from improvements in operation to those in reporting and management. This App is for anyone who has an interest in SQL Server 2012 and wants to understand its capabilities, including database administrators, application developers, and technical decision makers.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is Microsoft’s first cloud-ready information platform. It gives Organizations effective tools to protect, unlock, and scale the power of their data, and it works
across a variety of devices and data sources, from desktops, phones, and tablets, to datacenters and both private and public clouds. Our purpose in Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is to point out both the new and the improved capabilities as they apply to achieving mission-critical confidence, breakthrough insight, and using a cloud on your terms. As you read this book, we think you will find that there are a lot of exciting enhancements and new capabilities engineered into SQL Server 2012 that allow you to greatly enhance performance and availability at a low total cost of ownership, unlock new insights with pervasive data discovery across the organization and create business solutions fast—on your terms.
You might be a database administrator (DBA), an application developer, a business intelligence solution architect, a power user, or a technical decision maker. Regardless of your role, we hope you can use this book to discover the features in SQL Server 2012 that are most beneficial to you.
Having a comprehensive database solution is important to any organization but being able to report out on the data and visualize it in ways that provide breakthrough insights is even better. This Microsoft SQL server training course is designed for IT professionals understand how to implement the new features of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 that will enable them to provide insightful and visual reports.
- Introduce you to Self-Service Alerting
- What’s new in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services and PowerPivot
- How to use Power View for insightful visual reports
- How to build great Business Intelligence Semantic Models for Power View
- Deploying and managing PowerPivot in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 for SharePoint
- A Deeper understanding of PowerPivot in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- How to install and configure Reporting Services in SharePoint Integration mode
- An overview of Reporting Services in Microsoft SQL Azure
- What's new Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
PART 1 DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER 1 SQL Server 2012 Editions and Engine Enhancements
CHAPTER 2 High-Availability and Disaster-Recovery Enhancements
CHAPTER 3 Performance and Scalability
CHAPTER 4 Security Enhancements
CHAPTER 5 Programmability and Beyond-Relational Enhancements
PART 2 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER 6 Integration Services
CHAPTER 7 Data Quality Services
CHAPTER 8 Master Data Services
CHAPTER 9 Analysis Services and PowerPivot
CHAPTER 10 Reporting Services
- Huge performance improvement
- Improvement in Quiz feature by having Answer for each question immediately
- App works offline ( no internet connection required)