StarRaider is a physics based, action side scrolling game where you jump, run, collect stars and coins! You are “Jack”, an orange ball from Ball-Topia. Ball-Topia is a distant planet in the wide, wide universe and is under attack by the Bad Balls from Anti Ball-Topia. Ball-Topia is a planet that was formed billions of years ago by lost segments of other planets in space. They found together through many stars that gathered in one area and had such a high gravitational pull that Ball-Topia was formed. The Bad Balls are after the stars to kill very living being in the universe and claim it as theirs. You must stop them, as Ball-Topia is also breaking apart! As they fly off into deep space you notice that the rear hatch was not locked properly and several stars made an escape and fell onto the nearest surface! Can you collect all the stars and save your planet? Can you rank up on the leaderboard and get as many coins as possible?
- Hours of immersive, fun and portable gameplay!
- Over 30 levels and more to come!
- Create your own levels in the easy to use level editor and share them with the world!
- Choose how you control the game, tilt (beta), touch or buttons!
- Fully integrated Xperia Play support!
- Unlock a broad array of achievements (and more to be added!!!)!
- Access your Scoreloop profile, rank up on the leaderboards and share scores with friends!
- Play through multiple chapters!
- Ability to load levels from the SD Card.
- Ability to upload levels to Amzoft website and stream or download them.
- Ability to create level packs (zip files with custom meta data) so players can create custom storylines.
- Ability to resize controls and change opacity of GUI elements.
Info on permissions:
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK – used to keep your phone from locking itself after a certain amount of time, will be disabled when app is in background.
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – currently unused but will be used once the SD Card feature is done.
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – currently unused but will be used once the SD Card feature is done.
android.permission.VIBRATE – to make the phone vibrate when the player dies.
android.permission.INTERNET – used for the weblevel browser and Scoreloop.
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE, android.permission.READ_CONTACTS- both required for Scoreloop to function. If you don’t want Scoreloop to read your contacts, just click “No thanks” on the “Use Scoreloop?” dialog and you should be fine :).
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – Required for AdMob.
- Random crashes every now and then, especially on lower performing and ICS devices.
- Sometimes the silent setting prevents the app from launching.
- The game isn’t always very stable and may crash on certain devices. Only tested on Xperia Play and Xperia Ray devices but should work on many other devices as well.
Amazing people who have helped make this game:
- SporeSpood, who did some amazing beta testing of the app (beta testers are the heroes of games). SporeSpood also made the outstanding Promotional Video and composed all the music in StarRaider.
- Aceaddo who created some of the level backgrounds.
- Nicolas Gramlich who created AndEngine, which is the game engine this game uses and who made it very easy for me back when I was quite new to android development to make this game.
Email [email protected]
for help and support (I still manage this myself so I might not be able to answer every email if the game gets popular)
Follow @Amzoft (http://www.twitter.com/Amzoft) on twitter for updates.
Check the website for new games and my blog (http://www.amzoft.com).
Xperia Play Optimized
Xperia Play Optimised
This version is NOT a feature update, but contains the following improvements:
- Changed onResume() function to prevent black screens / cause less black screens.
- Improved Ad System to feature TapForTap (to promote StarRaider in other apps) and MobFox. The ad is still at the bottom of the screen, but will now help boost my revenue so I can invest in better equipment to make more and better apps in less time :)