The Stocktake Plus app puts a property’s pasture, stock and rainfall records at your fingertips. The app gives you the ability to make informed on-the-spot decisions about stocking rates and paddock management - decisions that are critical to ensure longer-term condition and productivity of the grazing business.
Stocktake Plus assist you with the best management practices of monitoring grazing land condition, and undertaking short-term forage budgeting, for more proactive management of pasture and livestock.
* Assists in monitoring grazing land condition by logically guiding the user through the process
* Stores information and produces reports, including long-term carrying capacity calculations, based on user input
* Guides the user through a basic or detailed forage budget
* Stores rainfall records
* Stores stock numbers (converts to Adult Equivalents, displays current stock on Land Condition reports, and can import figures to demand section of forage budget)
* Directs users to their monitoring sites using GPS
* Helps the user identify their land type(s), using the land type mapping of Queensland.
* Backups all information securely on the internet, only accessible by the user.
The app is more than a digital log; it has many inbuilt support tools including:
* land type factsheets
* pasture growth tables
* ground cover photo standards
* accessible yield calculation sheets
* pasture photo standards
* dendrometer for measuring tree densities
Everything you need to do your monitoring in the paddock is now within your device – no more juggling with pasture photo standards, GPS, or camera to complete your assessment!
Stocktake Plus is a predominately a decision support tools for graziers and agri-advisors in northern Australia, but has partial functionality elsewhere. The app was designed to be visual, logical and prompted for ease of use, and importantly to work in remote areas without mobile phone reception.
More information about the Stocktake Plus app can be found at www.stocktakeplus.com.au
Stocktake Plus is the first production decision support app for FutureBeef and MLA, developed using funding from Meat & Livestock Australia and the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Queensland.