Few monuments in the world have a thicker shroud of mystery around them like the famed Stonehenges at Salisbury Plain, in Wiltshire, England. The Stonehenges are a horseshoe-shaped collection of megalithic stone structures belonging to the Neolithic Age. There is no agreement, yet, on who built them and to serve what purpose, but there is no denying the mystifying effect these simple stone structures have on visitors. Their appeal is simultaneously enigmatic and deeply morbid. Latest research, however, has been able to attest that the building of the Stonehenges began in 3100 BC, and that its character changed form for the next almost 1,500 years across three complicated phases of construction. It began as an earth-bank, meaning a mound of earth, and later the construction material started including timber and stone.
The place has supported the cause of the pagan spiritual order of Neo-Druidry for very long now, and the famous Summer Solstice Festival here attracts thousands from across the world.
The Stonehenges plain is a UNESCO World Heritage Site (co-listed in 1986 with the Avebury Henge), and also has legal protection
as a Scheduled Ancient Monument. They are theoretically owned by the Crown, and managed by English Heritage, while the surrounding land belongs to the National Trust.
Stonehenge Tour Guide by Guiddoo is a detailed and all-inclusive Audio-Visual Travel guide for those travelers who are planning to visit the Stonehenge, which is a World famous monument and a cultural icon of the region. The Stonehenge travel Guide has all that a traveler to Wiltshire and England would need and allows you to get up close and personal with this historic monument through the interactive Stonehenge Step by Step Travel Guide or the Stonehenge Walking Tour which provides all the key sights at the monument as presented by UK Tourism.
Planning your Stonehenge travel and reaching Wiltshire to visit The Stonehenge can be a difficult task to perform however The Stonehenge Tour Guide from Guiddoo helps travelers and tourists to explore this magnificent monument with great ease by offering Stonehenge Tickets, Stonehenge Personal Audio Video Tours on Android, iOS and Windows phones and Stonehenge Packages as well as Hotels and Restaurants around Stonehenge along with a lot of other useful information that is a must need for any traveler planning to visit Wiltshire.
What does it offer you?
• Complete Interactive step-by-step tour guide of Stonehenge
• Key Stonehenge attractions in Audio and Video Guide Format
• Trivia and History for Stonehenge, Wiltshire.
• Image and Video Gallery of User uploaded images of Stonehenge Tour.
• Stonehenge Tourist information and Stonehenge Travel Information Guide like Stonehenge Opening and Closing Times, Directions, Places of Interest like Hotels and Restaurants and a lot more.
• Some features that are coming soon include Stonehenge Tickets, Stonehenge Local Business Listings to enhance traveller experience on a trip to Stonehenge and other features to enhance your Stonehenge Tour.
• Stonehenge Travel Guide itinerary that can provide you with a customized travel guide itinerary on your Stonehenge Tour.
Know all about the Stonehenge, Wiltshire even before you arrive at this place as well as use it as a travel tool while visiting England. This quintessential Guiddoo Stonehenge Tour Guide will prove to be your perfect partner when you visit this iconic monument in England.
To Download the FREE Complete Guiddoo AV Tour Guide, Visit Below:
Stonehenge Tour Guide is now equipped to give you an unseen tour guiding experience -
1. Updated UI for better user experience
2. Currency Converter with 22 currencies for ease of planning
3. Daily weather report with week long temperatures
4. Share on Facebook directly via the newly added Social Wall feature
5. Download Media for offline viewing and enjoy your tour offline
6. Book tickets and activities in and around the monument with our in app ticket feature