Overplayed Sudoku? Try Str8ts - the best new number puzzle game.
Str8ts is a number puzzle that is easy to learn, has simple rules, requires no math skills and is addictive as Sudoku. Few puzzles have the amount of depth and variety as Str8ts. You are encouraged to find multiple solving techniques as you progress between different levels of difficulties.
Like Sudoku you need to place numbers uniquely in each row and column. But the dark blue cells add a new dimension. These divide the rows and columns into compartments which work like a poker hand - you have to make sure the numbers are like a 'straight', like 5,6,7 and 8 - but they can be in any order. There are clues to start you off and ensure the puzzle has just one solution. The clues in dark blue cells rule out that number in the row and column and can't be used as part of a straight.
For this app we've splashed out on smart functionality, easy to use controls, help and an app tutorial, cool graphics and plenty of puzzles.
All the puzzles created for this game were made by Andrew Stuart, who has published puzzles in many newspapers around the world.
Features of Str8ts:
- 250 puzzles on each of the 4 levels of difficulty.
- unlimited depth of undo/redo actions persisted between gameplays.
- two modes of entering a 'note' or a solution value.
- best solution time stored for every puzzle.
- step by step live tutorial explaining how to play the Str8ts App.
- Rules and Controls screens explaining how to play Str8ts and how to use the app.
Puzzles solved in Str8ts Lite will be automatically transferred to Str8ts (once this is done Str8ts Lite can be safely uninstalled)
Str8ts was successfully pitched by Jeff Widderich on Dragon's Den Canada (Season 5, Episode 8) and three dragons wanted to make a deal.
Keywords: sudoku, puzzle, puzzles, dragon's den, logic game, numeric game, numeric puzzle, number-placement, sudoku
- Fix saving automatic clues cleanup option.
Special thanks to Ray Kohler for reporting this issue.
- Add automatic clues cleanup after entering a solution value (configurable in Options menu).
- Fix autoscroll to first unsolved puzzle when exiting the puzzle.
Special thanks to Ole Schütte for reporting autoscroll issue.