StreamStar is a free music player that can progressively stream songs served by a web server using HTTP.
- No need to install proprietary server daemons or upload your music files to a cloud service.
- Progressive streaming of audio files located on a web server (using directory browsing).
- Works with any network connection (WiFi, 3G/4G).
- Plays MP3, OGG, and other popular audio file formats including M3U playlists.
- Displays embedded song ID3 info/artwork.
- Supports voice search for song/band/album names (requires output file from free MP3Tag application).
- Works with SSH tunnels/port forwarding (e.g. SSHTunnel Android app, or use JSch library file.)
- Auto-pause on incoming calls and audio "ducking".
- Buffering status display.
- Skip forward/back.
- File/directory browsing of web server.
1) Type a valid URL in the text box and hit the Play button (or use the provided URL and enjoy free music!)
2) Select a song from the displayed drop-down list.
3) Press the up button to browse the parent and other directories.
Can't play songs with "+" or "#" characters in name (invalid URL characters per RFC 3986).
StreamStar has been successfully tested with lighttpd, Apache, and IIS web servers and should work with others. A VPN or SSH tunnel with port forwarding should be utilized for added web server security when streaming over the Internet.
Designed for both phones and tablets.
Visit our website for additional information.
Please report bugs/crashes or other problems and also rate the app! Thanks.