Movn is a simple yet intelligent pedometer to remind you to sit less and stay active despite your busy schedule. Unlike other products that bury users with too much information, Movn keeps things simple by focusing only on achieving your daily active minutes.
Movn uses the sensors on your phone to count the number of minutes you are active each day. Movn will use your behavioral patterns to occasionally send you notifications to increase your daily active minutes. If you sit for long periods of time, Movn will notify you with a useful suggestion to help make you stay active. If you are active, Movn will congratulate you with positive messages.
Movn will help you stay active and therefore control your weight, manage stress, and sleep better.
We are working to improve Movn every day, so please tell us what you like or give us your suggestions.
So what are you waiting for? Get Up and Get Movn!
● Automatically tracks your daily movement when phone is on you
● Engages you throughout the day to achieve your activity goals
● Set your daily activity goal, measured in active minutes
● Tracks exercises like running, walking, cycling, hiking, biking and more
● Gives you time & location based notifications with suggestions to stay active
● Notifies you to get up when you’ve been sitting too long
● Congratulates you if you’re active for long periods
● Reminds you when you are falling behind on your goal
● When phone isn't on you, you can self-report time spent doing other activities
● Learns your behaviors and adapts nudges to fit your persona, fitness goals and daily performance
● Gives you a graphical representation of your historical performance
● Low battery consumption, leave it on all day!
● 100% free, no external hardware required and so no losing hardware or damaging it in the washing machine.
Why should I stay active?
Performing moderate intensity exercise like walking, running, cycling and jogging for at least 30 minutes a day can reduce your risk for type 1 and 2 diabetes, obesity, stroke, arthritis, hypertension, high blood pressure, depression, some forms of cancer and other cardiovascular diseases. Going to the gym is not enough, it’s important to stay active throughout your day.
How much does Movn cost?
It's free. No frills. And it works.
Is Movn the same as a pedometer?
Movn goes beyond what a regular pedometer can do by helping you track active minutes and constantly giving you encouragement to stay active.
Why did you not calculate steps?
We include all forms of movement including steps as active minutes. This includes activities like walking, running, jogging and certain sports. Our goal is to get you moving and not worry about step counts.
How is Movn different from wearable hardware?
We use your phone. That's it. With Movn you don't have to worry about losing or damaging your expensive tracker.
How does Movn capture my movements?
Movn uses multiple sensors on your phone and patent-pending algorithms to track your active minutes.
Will Movn drain my phone battery?
In our tests, Movn consumed between 5% and 20% of phone battery levels over 16 hours with typical phone usage. Newer phones consume less battery. We're working hard to reduce battery consumption. We believe that you should control your battery needs, that's why we provide you an explicit on/off button and let you know when Movn records information through the notification icon.
Why did you make Movn?
Physical inactivity kills more people than smoking. We want to change this.
Go ahead. Get up. Get Movn!
IMPORTANT: Because of recent changes to the android OS (version 4.3 onwards), the Movn app may turn off whenever you swipe away the app from your app history. Please do not swipe away the app else you might lose your data!
Bug fixes related to app crash for some notifications and adding minutes
Minor UI upgrades
App won't start recording until end of tutorial
Modified notification policy
Support for notifications on your Android Wear Device