*** This is only a Key. Needs the Lite version from the market for this to work **
sTutor presents the most comprehensive, feature rich and carefully researched GRE Vocab app on Android market. It uses an optimized form of Super Memo's spaced repetition concept to create an algorithm that repeats the least known and difficult words so that more emphasis is put on these words.
Some of sTutor GRE Vocab's salient features are:
- Supported on Phones and Tablets
- 5000 words along with 800+ most popular GRE words
- 20 decks that help you study in a phased manner
- Filtering and customizations to suit individual needs and learning style
- Adaptive and Alphabetical study modes
- Fixed Time and Fixed Count test
- Audio book mode
- Images from Google and word details from Dictionary.com for enhanced learning
- Progress stats for Study and Test
- 4 levels to track your knowledge
- Tag words so that you can revisit them later
sTutor GRE Vocab is based on extensive research in human-learning patterns and behavior. It has been designed and developed by investing 1000s of hours. To help you plan your GRE preparation, we have arranged 5000 words into 20 uniform decks so that you can pick and choose your study material. Each word is presented in a 'Flash card' format which can be customized based on your preferences. You can mark each word based on ‘how well you know the word’ by using copyrighted knowledge levels of 'Barely', 'Fairly', 'Nearly' and 'Surely' in an increasing order. Our algorithm repeats the least known and difficult words more than the easier ones so that you do not waste your time on the words you already know. Audio book mode allows learning during long drives, boring college lectures or waiting for a date etc. You can test your knowledge by taking our adaptive quiz in using fixed timer or the fixed count. You can quickly go through all the words using Browse and assign knowledge levels. Search for a particular word using our Lookup option from our dictionary or using internet. For better memory retention, you can get Google Images and additional details from Dictionary.com for a given word.
- Please visit us at sTutor.com to see feature details, user examples, get support and new feature suggestions.
- As you know, new models of Android phones are released frequently, we test sTutor GRE Vocab app on some models including Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Desire, HTC Nexus, HTC Legend and Samsung Galaxy S etc. We do see users using this successfully on variety of models.
- If you face any issue in using sTutor GRE Vocab, please contact us at [email protected]
before a negative rating our app. Our developers will promptly work with you to resolve your problem.
- If you like our app, please support with a positive rating (we will appreciate a 5 star rating), spread the word through social media and by informing friends and family. We have provided feedback menu to make it easier.
- We will appreciate new feature suggestions and corrections on words using “Send Corrections” on Study tab.
- Support for tablets (tested on Motorola, Sony and Asus tablets)
- Support for Landscape mode
- Audio Book now reads Antonym/Synonyms
- Crash when flipping through words when Audio mode is on
- Other Bug fixes