Find Suffolk pubs near you on Google maps.
All nearby pubs selling Real Ale are shown on the map; tap on a pub for its name, then on its name for more information and the opportunity to get directions to the pub.
New! You can now tag pubs that you've visited, rate them and add your own notes about them.
Pubs not selling Real Ale are normally not shown, but you can display them if you wish.
The app will check for updated pubs data no more than once a week, but will ask you before downloading. Optionally, you can disable automatic checks altogether or only allow them if your device is WiFi connected. You can manually check for updates at any time you wish.
If you're interested in pub history, you may also like our Lost Pubs of Suffolk app.
Explanation of permission requirements
* MAPS_RECEIVE: needed to access Google maps.
* INTERNET: needed to get pub update files from the Camra server and to link to websites.
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: needed to check network connectivity before trying to update pub data files.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: needed so the app can store photographs of the pubs locally rather than always needing a network connection (files are small and even if you collect a lot they won't take up much space).
* READ_GSERVICES: needed in order to get directions to a pub.
* ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION/ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: needed to locate you in order to centre the map and provide directions.
* Improved display of pub photographs on high-density devices.
* Small layout improvement.
* Minor bug fix.
* Various small efficiency improvements.
* Now opens external web links in a WebView within the app. This is both faster and more memory efficient as it obviates the need to launch an external web browser. This has some limitations, so you can launch a browser from it if you want.