Protect you and your loved ones from harmful solar ultraviolet (UV) radiation. The Sun Shield app is packed with important sun exposure and UV Index information right at your fingertips! Be informed of the strength of the sun’s UV rays at your location or any location around the globe. Use the simple assessment tool to determine your individual Skin Type. Let Sun Shield select the specific broad-spectrum SPF lotion you need and the number of hours you can safely spend in the sun. Get this doctor-recommended app today for your year-round protection.
The Sun Shield App delivers:
- Real-time daily and hourly UV Index measurements for anywhere around the globe at the solar noon and hourly intervals to safely enjoy your time in the sun.
- 6-day UVI Forecast and Ozone Column information to prepare you in advance for a safe experience outdoors.
- Your individual Skin Type using the complete Fitzpatrick Skin Type Assessment as used by dermatologists, the precautions you need to take based on your Skin Type, and why this is important in the prevention of skin cancer.
- Which broad-spectrum SPF lotion you should use and how long you can safely stay in the sun based on your individual Skin Type, the UV Index and the time of day.
- Important health-related facts from the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding Ultraviolet Radiation, Skin Cancer Prevention, year-round importance of UV awareness, etc.
“Protection from the sun’s UV rays is critical in the prevention of skin cancers. I always advise my patients to be aware of the dangers of UV rays and the need to protect themselves. The Sun Shield app is a great tool for the real time reminder to my patients of these dangers while also giving them guidance for the right SPF lotion to use based on their individual Skin Type and the current local UV index. It’s sun exposure information at your finger tips which is great for patients.”
Richard P. Lafleur, MD, FACP
Southern New Hampshire Internal Medicine Associates
Use Sun Shield and enjoy your place under the sun!
Fixed "Hourly UVI" graph display issue.
Fixed crash-related issues.
If you see anything that could use improvement, please let us know at [email protected]