Small and fast app to give you the information you want right away.
See today’s rise and set times right on your home screen or lock screen. Five styles of home screen widgets to choose from 1x1, 2x2, 4x1, 1x1+, 4x1+.
---Three Methods for Finding Location and Timezone---
1. Use your device's GPS to use your current location and timezone.
2. Pick a city from a provided list. This is great if you have no GPS or internet connection. The location and timezone data are stored locally in this list.
3. Use a Google Map to specify a manual location. This works without GPS, but you need an internet connection. IMPORTANT: With this method you must also manually specify the timezone.
---Barely Uses the GPS---
When the GPS is used, it is turned off right after a location is found. Then it continues to use this "last known location" unless you request an updated one. This saves your battery and puts the control of the GPS in your hands.
---Google Map for location without GPS---
Can't get a GPS signal, use the Google Map feature with an internet connection to pick your location.
---Works Without An Internet Connection---
No internet connection is needed for the GPS to work or to choose a city from the list. The data is calculated locally to give you an accurate sunrise and sunset time. If you wish to use the Google Map you will need an internet connection, but once your location is chosen the internet is no longer needed.
---Customize The Display---
Choose to see more or less details. Show or hide seconds, AM/PM, and if the US or EU daylight savings time is used.
---Contact Us For Help or Suggestions---
We love to hear from our users. Please tell us about any problems the app is giving you or if you have a suggestion on how to make it better.
---Why This App?---
Knowing when the sun will rise or set in your area can be useful for many reasons, such as:
- General Aviation Pilots
- Hauling Wide Loads
- Added an option to display UTC
- UTC turns off the Daylight Savings Time option