Worried about unwanted misuse of your company owned Android devices? It has become common to use off-the-shelf mobile devices to run business applications or self-service kiosks. However, device misuse can impact user productivity and can lead to problems such as increased data usage and maintenance costs.
You can use SureLock to lockdown android tablets and smartphones in order to restrict access to only selected applications and device features. Games such as Angry Birds, social media applications such as Facebook and Twitter, system settings, or any other applications are completely hidden from the user.Key Features
* Restrict access to only selected applications
* Display widgets on home screen
* Display application shortcuts
* Block user from altering system settings
* Set passwords for chosen applications
* Auto launch applications at startup
* Control access to peripherals (WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Screen Orientation, Airplane mode, Audio, GPS, etc.)
* Restrict phone usage: Whitelist/Blacklist phone numbers
* Customize home screen (Layout, Application captions, Wallpaper, etc.)
* Remotely deploy SureLock configuration from Cloud or by using SureMDM
* Single application mode
* Group applications into folders
* Hide the icon of an allowed application
* Application idle timeout
* Screen saver mode
* Disable status bar and notification panel
* Disable power button
* Delayed application launch
* Selectively allow or block individual child windows
* Multiple admin access
* Restrict device usability while driving
* Collect application usage data (launch time, duration of usage, etc.)
* Power saving settings (brightness control based on charging status and user inactivity)
* Memory management (close applications if memory usage threshold is reached)
* Easily integrates SureFox (Special lockdown browser to restrict browsing to certain websites only)Who uses SureLock?
SureLock is used by customers across various industries.
- Tablets and Smartphones for mobilizing field forces
- Libraries and schools
- Taxi Dispatch Systems
- Customer engagement at retail stores
- Inventory Control and Asset Tracking
- Passenger Infotainment at airports
- Restaurants using mobile devices for customer feedback and engagement
- Patient survey using mobile devices at hospitals
- Electronic Proof of Delivery applications used by logistics companiesWhat device models are supported by SureLock?
SureLock runs on almost all kinds and models of Android devices. Following are some of devices validated by us or our customers.
* Samsung Galaxy Tab
* Nexus 7
* Kindle Fire (1st generation)
* Samsung Galaxy Note 1 and S3
* Motorola Xoom
* Motorola ET1 (Awarded Motorola Solutions Validated)
* HTC Wildfire
* Zenithink C91
* Dell Streak 7
Note 1: For business use only.
Note 2: Free version has some limitations. Purchase a license to activate full version.Want to remotely configure SureLock?
You can use SureMDM to remotely configure and manage SureLock on any number of devices. Learn more at http://www.42gears.com/suremdm/How do you exit SureLock?
Tap in the empty area on SureLock home screen 5 times within 3 seconds. Password prompt will be presented. Enter the passcode to unlock.How can you exit Single Application Mode?
Please follow the steps at:
Check out online documentation at http://www.42gears.com/surelock/docs/android/index.htmlConnect with us
Google+ community: http://plus.google.com/+42gears
If you have any questions write to us at [email protected]