The only app that lets you become the HotSpot.
SwarmLocal lets you create a messaging HotSpot (aka Swarms) on the fly. The swarms you create or join have range limits from 1600m to 20000m, only users within the range of the hotspot can subscribe. Best of all, the swarm you create can be mobile, so the hotspot moves with the Host who created it. Also SwarmLocal is based on complete anonymity, so no logins, sign-ups, registrations period.
Flash mob? Revolution? Impromptu mass protest? Local Underground Radio Station? Impromptu Emergency Broadcast? Volume discount at the nearby store? The possibilities are endless with SwarmLocal.
1. Mobility: Create mobile swarms. When you create a mobile swarm, the swarm's location moves with the host who created the swam. So it could be an ice cream truck guy who creates a mobile swarm and drives around neighborhoods or a bunch of cyclists riding in a peloton.
2. Broadcasting: Ability to create broadcast swarms. In text only broadcast swarms only the host can send messages. Perfect for emergency first responders and law enforcement to update the local community.
3. Local: Swarms (messaging hotspots) have ranges (1600 metres to 20000 metres). Only devices within range can subscribe. Once you move out of range you automatically lose membership in the swarm. Just like your local radio station.
4. Anonymity: There is no registration, no signups..a user can float in and out of swarms without sharing any personal information. Complete anonymity.
"Build your local twitter-verse"
"The only app that lets you become the HotSpot. A HotSpot that can move!"
"The perfect new way for local crowdsourcing with complete anonymity"
"No Logins. No Checkins. Period!"
"React to local events en masse. Leverage strength in numbers."
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This is only applicable if you have the 'Notifications' setting turned on. Turning off 'Notifications' turns off GPS when the app is in the background.
We added some new features.
- Added the ability to send and receive video messages.