TabPilot is a cloud-based management system that puts teachers in control of entire sets of classroom tablets: lockdown tool, app distribution tools, app inventory, content/file management, more. Students see ONLY apps & links configured by their teacher, so they stay on-task. Teachers use a standard browser to configure a whole set of tablets wirelessly with a few clicks -- great for shared-use environments where different teachers borrow a cart-full of tablets. TabPilot can be used to lock tablets into a single app. It can also lock students into a single web site with the optional TabPilot FocalPoint secure browser.
Freeze tablet screens with custom message to get student attention. Monitor student screens remotely.
Using TabPilot, teachers and administrators can:
- Lock down tablets to prevent access to settings
- Choose which apps students can access during a class period
- Configure web-links for quick access to web sites
- Set backgrounds on groups of tablets, including uploading of custom backgrounds
- Distribute apps to groups of tablets for automatic installation*
- Content management features to push e-books, PDF documents, and more to devices
- Administrators can check for app license compliance and for out-of-date apps to be updated
- Administrators can hide apps from teacher view (such as system apps)
- "My Device" feature allows teacher tablets to be registered for use with the system
Teachers choose from thousands of apps available on the Android platform using the Google Play market, or other standard sources. Students see only the apps that the teacher enables and are locked out of system settings and other apps. Each teacher can activate his or her own configuration and app choices.
TabPilot runs on value-priced TabPilot-branded tablets as well as select third party tablets. TabPilot turns the tablet into a kiosk for student use.
In addition to letting teachers choose what apps students can use, TabPilot also functions as an app distribution system, allowing administrators to install apps remotely to entire groups of tablets.
TabPilot Launch & Lock™ is the student tablet interface that allows students to launch applications, while locking them out of system settings. TabPilot Control Tower™ is the centralized management interface that teachers access using a standard web browser from any computer. The tablets are managed wirelessly.
Launch & Lock is also the platform for FocalPoint, the secure, locked-down browser (kiosk) for TabPilot.
Use of this app requires an account to the TabPilot Control Tower. Both free and paid accounts are available. Free accounts are limited to managing two devices. A free trial of the full version is also available. Sign up at www.tabpilot.com
Note: Free accounts are issued only to educational institutions. Users must sign up using their school-issued e-mail address.
*feature available on select devices
- Runs Enhanced features on most Samsung tablet including Galaxy Tab 4 Eductaion
- Scheduled Profile Activations
- Proxy Server support
- License monitoring and enforcement for paid apps
- Move devices between schools
- Remote reboot devices
- Disable ability for students to take screenshots
- New security role for school technicians
- View/Monitor feature shows name and icon of running app
- Portrait mode for Launch & Lock