Tappestry™ is the social network for learning.
For the first time, you can record what you have learned easily and immediately throughout your day. You can come back to it whenever you want. And the best part is you can share with others and learn from others with other social networks and websites.
What did you learn today? With Tappestry, you can track what you have learned and catalog it. Then you can tell everyone. Don't be shy, you might just meet someone interested in the same things you are. You can use Tappestry to create and curate your own learning stream. Tappestry is a great place to store your learning and your thoughts and check in those little “A-ha!” moments you have. Think of it as your own learning journal or notebook for things you pick up over the course of your day all woven together to create your own distinct learning fabric, your Tappestry.
Why Tappestry? It helps you learn more. It helps you remember and track what you have learned. It helps take what you have learned and start using it.
* An innovative, easy-to-use interface to save and retrieve what you have learned.
* The ability to add media, tag people, categorize and add your location to your threads to help you aid in remembering them.
* Visualize your learning over time with the gorgeous Tappestry view.
* Built from the ground up with learning in mind, uses industry-leading and standards-based technology to save and categorize your learning for later retrieval.
* Find new subject areas to learn about and follow.
* Integrate with Twitter and Facebook to share content with friends and connect with them.
* Comment on and rate what others have learned to help them and yourself learn more.
* Save threads as your favorites for easy retrieval later.
* Search the network to find threads that have been created by you and others.
* Connect with communities of practice, affinity groups and cohort learning groups to increase your knowledge.
* Private threads. Store learning just for yourself in case you have something confidential you would like to store.
* Email log in. You can sign up for Tappestry just by using your email address. No Facebook or Twitter account required.
* Aspirational Threads. Is there something you want to learn? Create your thread and set a due date for yourself. Track your progress as you develop your skills.
* Topic Creation. Do you know some things about topics we aren't already including in Tappestry? Buy a topic to let everyone know.
* Addressed login issues that some users were experiencing when using Facebook/Twitter.
* We've also addressed a number of bugs and application crashes.