The goal of the Environment app is to give you as accurate and broad an understanding about a given environment as possible. Development is just getting started and currently the app can be used as a world clock and to effortlessly get the weather from any location.
Current features include:
• Super fast access to weather data for your current location.
• Star an unlimited number of places.
• ”My Places” view that shows important info about all your starred places side by side for quick, easy access.
• Current information includes: time, date, timezone, condition, winds, humidity, daily high/low, and feels like (heat index).
• Custom backgrounds that change depending on weather conditions.
• UI optimized for all display sizes! (Tablets, phones, etc.)
• Search with smart autocomplete suggestions and voice input.
• Background updating using GCM, so you can see recent data even if you lose your connection. GCM keeps battery and data usage to a minimum.
• The latest greatest Holo UI.
If you want time and weather data (with lots more to come) from all over the world laid out for you in an intuitive UI that brings the most important information to the surface, and an app that’s ready for the future of Android, tap the install button.
We know many users want a lot more data to be included, more features to be added, performance increased, and UI improved. We want to get as much feedback as possible in order to form a basis for our update priorities and we listen to feedback from everyone. However, if you find that Environment is useful to you, you can purchase pro-status in the app. This removes ads (which increases the app’s performance) and it puts you on our pro-status user list. Any e-mails we receive from pro-status users are given the highest priority and have a much greater impact on our update pipeline. Just email us from the account you used to purchase pro-status.
Your support also gives us the resources we need to make the Environment app achieve its potential as quickly as possible.
Notice: This is an Alpha. It has some bugs, it has some issues, it some has quirks, it’s not anywhere near completion. But it works well and it’s constantly updated with fixes and additions.
• Fix for bug causing ads to show for paid users.
• Fix for display bugs on some devices.
• Images are now provided by a server back end, significantly reducing the app size.
• Image cache size is now adjustable.
• Numerous performance and stability improvements.
• Bug fixes.