TestelDroid is a tool for monitoring device performance parameters and data traffic in Android-based devices, in order to characterize the behavior of cellular communications. The retrieved information can be logged and exported for further analysis with other tools, such as Wireshark®. Current features offered by TestelDroid are the following:
- Network information: Current operator, RAT (Radio Access Technology), cell identity, LAC (Location Area Code), RSSI (Radio Signal Strength Indicator), PSC (Primary Scrambling Code), RSRP (Reference Signal Received Power), RSRQ (Reference Signal Received Quality), CQI (Channel Quality Indicator) and SNR (Signal-to-Noise Ratio).
- Neighboring cell information: PSC, RSSI and type of network.
- GPS information: Longitude, latitude, altitude and speed.
- Network Traffic: Libpcap packet caputure (traffic capture mode displays only a summary of the packets captured, such as protocol, IP source/destination or ports involved).
Besides monitoring and logging, TestelDroid also includes:
- Connectivity test: In order to diagnostic connectivity issues.
- Ping a host (ping options are configurable).
- Test if a port is open on a specified host.
- Traffic test: Server-Client model, allows the transfer of an auto-generated file (size can be specified) between two devices. Speed is monitored on the server side and an average size is provided upon completion of the file transfer.
(Wireshark is a registered trademark of the Wireshark Foundation.)
- TestelDroid now honors OML settings properly.