Now you can access the official Texas Hunting and Fishing Regulations summary from Texas Parks and Wildlife... without internet connection.* Get the information you need when you are afield or afloat!
In the field or in a blind:
- Find hunting season dates and bag limits for your county
- See seasons and bag limits for all game animals
- Review means and methods restrictions
- See deer and turkey tagging instructions
- Find public hunting lands
- Apply for drawn hunts for mule deer, bighorn and other game
- Read the latest hunting news from TPWD*
On the water or on the shores:
- See statewide bag and length limits
- Find exceptions to statewide limits by water body
- Find places to fish nearby
- See tips for identifying bass and catfish
- See tips for measuring and releasing fish
- View weekly fishing reports*
- See reservoir and freshwater/saltwater boundaries
- Read the latest fishing news from TPWD*
Licenses, stamps and permits:
- See types of licenses, permits and stamps available
- Find license retailers near you
- Purchase licenses*
*Some features require internet connection.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information in this guide is a SUMMARY of the regulations and statutes governing hunting and fishing. For more detailed information on game and regulations, please contact a TPWD Law Enforcement office or call (800) 792-1112 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday). Information contained in this summary is subject to change by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission, the Texas Legislature, and/or the federal government. The official regulations, current to the day, can be accessed at www.sos.state.tx.us under Title 31 of the Texas Administrative Code. Regulations valid September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016.
This release updates regulations for waterfowl seasons, limits and related content.