The Gate Remote Controller is a wi-fi remote controller to be used as main user input device on The Gate Virtual Reality platform.
What is The Gate?
The Gate is a multi-purpose platform, exclusively designed for Virtual Reality. It is made from scratch by passionate VR dreamers for passionate VR dreamers.
Our goal is unify users, developers, manufacturers and content providers in a unique and exciting platform.
What do you need to cross the Gate?
The initial release of The Gate is under developmet. By now you can download a Technology Preview. To run it you will need:
- A PC running Windows XP or greater.
- An Oculus Rift Development Kit to be used as main virtual reality device.
- A tablet or smartphone is highly recomended to be used as main user input device.
We will support soon another devices and platforms. Please read our FAQ for more information.
What is included in the Technology Preview?
The Technology Preview includes only a small part of the planned features for the Initial Release. However, it contains the soul of the project. Actually, the product includes the following features:
- Made from scratch in OpenGL. The App is very light, fast and responsive.
- Full compatible with Oculus Rift Developer Kit.
- Includes an exclusive wi-fi remote controller system to be used as main user input device. You can handle all applications simply touching your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet through the wi-fi network.
3D sound system.
- Initial developer API used to make the initial Apps. It includes initial 3d UI controls, some drivers, head up displays API, 3d sound system, etc.
And includes the following apps:
- The Gate: The Gate is the gateway to all the possibilities the universe of services, applications and experiences available in the system. The Gate acts similarly to the desktop in a traditional operating system.
- Demo room: an introductory experience to the system and Virtual Reality. From the demo room you can feel the 3d shapes and interact with the environment with the wi-fi remote control.
- Photos: a virtual reality image navigator. From Photos you can navigate and view your photos in several ways: thumbnail, twister or cinema mode. It includes support for panoramic photos.
The Cave: a prototype of a massive multiplayer retro-style game. Destroy bombers and worms and save the living nature.
Maps: an Earth map viewer. It uses maps from the Open Street Map project. Feel like an ISS passenger!.
Video Player & 3D Internet Browser: very soon. Please read more about Technology Preview and planned features for the Initial Release