History is not just a date, building and person - its a story.
Many of us have heard of the rich history of India, some of us may have traveled to a few places. Each place showing its own monuments. Monuments that tell us about the builder and the event it was built for. Sometimes to symbolize Love, sometimes faith and sometimes power
Some Questions that most likely occur in our minds
What that period must have been like?
Who else ruled then and where? Is that place on my itinerary?
And whats the connection between these places and its rulers?
We invite both the casual and/or the more enthusiastic traveler, to see The Complete Picture of a land with a glorious past and make the most of your visit by using this app - The Glory of India
* Over 190 Events Starting from 600 BCE connecting up to 1800 CE
* Search within Events for People or Places
* Over 50 Maps with zoom and pan.
* List of Dynasties and Rulers in the century of selected event
* Over 550 Pictures, a Gallery of Related Artifacts that are generally not on locations but rather in museums around the world
* Select an event and view related Maps, other Dynasties and their artifacts around a century of the selected event
* Browse related events grouped by place.
* Bookmark your favorite events for quicker access.
* Available in 6 languages - English, French, Spanish, German, Italian & Dutch.
While it is fascinating to learn of all the powerful people who lived in the same period of time it is extremely ambitious to gather every factual detail of a country with such a vast history. So we attempt to present information for reference only
Note - Wikipedia links require active Data Plan/WiFi connection.
Tags - monument, history, glory, india, rulers, events, maps, indian, timeline, ruler, dynasty, king, saint, battle, life
Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/appthegloryofindia
Rate the app / Write a review.
New pictures & events added.
Higher resolution pictures.
Better list scrolling.
Marquee display for gallery titles where complete title isn't displayed due to screen-size.
In the App Rating & some fixes.