The Star Android app brings you the very best in news, business, sport, entertainment, other features and more from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield and surrounding areas, with full daily editions exactly as printed.
Featuring seven different content channels, the app offers a diverse range of content from The Star newspaper and thestar.co.uk website, updated throughout the day.
Channel categories (with content updated throughout the day):
• News – latest in-depth and breaking news from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield and surrounding areas
• Sport – football, boxing, cricket, rugby, ice hockey, basketball, athletics, speedway and more, with in-depth coverage of Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United and Chesterfield
• What's On – concerts to family days out, listings, music, theatre, cinema, reviews, arts – plus more
• Business - in-depth coverage from The Star’s expert business journalists
• Columnists and Opinion – comment and analysis on issues affecting South Yorkshire and the world
• Features – food, drink, gardening, holidays, women, fashion, beauty, motors, healthy living
• National - reports and analysis from across the UK
In addition, the app includes a complete electronic copy of The Star newspaper and its supplements, published in pristine detail from Monday to Saturday. Each edition can be read cover to cover, or downloaded for offline reading later.
The supplements include:
• Full Time (football season sports section)
• People (football close season)
• Class Act
• Star Business
• Star Business Monthly
• Star Drive
• Time Out
• Grass Roots
Essential update for the app as existing / previous versions of the app will no longer operate from early January 2015.
This update includes bug fixes, and introduces a new monthly subscription option, however, all users get 30 days free to try the app without any charge.
Subscribers to the Sheffield Star newspaper receive free unlimited access to the app for the duration of their print subscription.