Created at Ball State University, Traveler is a trip journal and digital sketchbook, designed for anyone who travels and wants to capture the experience in one seamless package.
The app is available for Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0 or above, with additional capabilities included for the Samsung Galaxy Note device line‐up.
Traveler features the integration of captured photos, short videos, drawn sketches, recorded audio files, quick location markers, and GPS tracking into a package that allows the user to organize information and media in an efficient and travel‐friendly interface. With Google Maps built into the app, users can retrace their steps, noting the locations where photos and other media assets were collected and the path traveled along the way. For an immersive, virtual experience with contextual 3D buildings, the path can be "played" back in Google Earth on the device.
For Samsung Galaxy Note devices, Traveler includes support for the S Pen to provide a sketching and drawing canvas for digital sketchbook capabilities.
* Capture photos, videos and audio on your trip and a marker will be added to the map where they were created;
* Start, pause or stop a new recording, or add a marker from Android Wear;
* Capture photos with Google Glass and share with your trip;
* Record your path and replay using Google Earth;
* Send your paths to Google using Google Drive or Spreadsheets;
* Export paths to a file and import using your favorite map app or software;
* Share media with friends and family using your favorite social media apps;
* Work offline to record your trips no matter where your travels take you;
* Sketch and draw with a variety of brushes, tools and colors using the S Pen.
Ball State University students, faculty and staff can connect their university account for additional features, including:
* Ability to sync all content (trips, paths and media) to a server at the university for archival and transferring to other devices;
* Invite others to join a trip;
* Share photos and other media assets between travelers;
* Invite friends and family to view your travels on the Traveler web site - https://apps.bsu.edu/traveler
Help guides are available online at:
* Bug fix when sharing a trip to Facebook
* Share your trips, paths and media with friends and family on the web! The Traveler now features Google Drive sync, which allows you to upload all of your travels to Drive and share online. Check out the help guides for additional info.
* Add audio note to a photo. Don't have time to tap out a description of a photo? Now you can add an audio note!