ThereTV is a client compatible to the Sony LocationFree Protocol. To use this app you need a LocationFree Base station from Sony.
WARNING!!! This is a BETA release. It has still several bugs. It is NOT MEANT for production use.
WARNING!! The decoding of the Streams is done completely in software which means the CPU has to do a lot of work. Apparently some phones can't handle this. If your phone is not capable of running it due to heat problems, DO NOT USE THIS APP.
It was developed by reverse engineering the LocationFree protocol.
Sony did not contribute to the development of this software. They however granted me the right to distribute it.
WARNING!!! This software produces a huge amount of network traffic. Make sure that your dataplan covers it.
If you find any bugs please report them in the xda-developers development thread. You can find the link at http://theretv.zero997.com
Supported Base Stations:
* LF-PK1 (is the same as the LF-B1)
The documentation can also be found at http://theretv.zero997.com .
You will definitely need to read the documentation to use this app.
Special thanks to my alpha-testers:
* Ed Mc Knight (Mister_Mxyzptlk)
* Jeremy Carter
* Added support for the TV Tuner
* Support for on-demand recording (experimental)
* Support for different color system (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
* Added two new remotes from the donation version
* Fixed some remote bugs. Some users with white rectangles
should now be able to see the remote buttons
* Performance improvements
* Added Buttons for Preferences and Registration (in
preparation for GoogleTV)
* Added Globo Opticum 4060cx remote
* DirecTV remote improvements