Thermocouples is a reference guide to get general information on thermocouples for all those in the industry that regularly deal with thermal sensors.
This handy app features the colour codes for a wide range of thermocouples in a wide range of standards on easy to see images. The shown standards are IEC, BS, ANSI, NFE, DIN, and JIS.
The currently included thermocouples are B, E, J, K, N, R, S, T, U, Vx.
Also shown is the thermocouple materials used in each leg for the thermocouple as well as the general temperature range. There is also a built-in temperature calculator for convenience.
Added in version 1.1, The application can now convert thermocouple mV to degrees Celsius using NIST values for a high accuracy conversion using 0°C as a reference temperature.
The converter shows all temperatures at once for the mV input to help with thermocouple identification. The converter currently supports B, E, J, K, N, R, S, T.
From version 1.5 the application can now calculate mV from temperatures (0°C to 70°C) for cold junction calculations.
* Shows thermocouples colours for 10 thermocouples across 6 standards.
* Information on range, conductor materials and compensates.
* Temperature converter with °C, °F and K.
* Cold junction °C to mV calculator.
* mV to °C converter using NIST values for main thermocouple types.
* Search thermocouples by conductor colours to find type and colour code.
If any errors and problems are found please let me know either through the reviews or the e-mail developer link.
If you have any requests or ideas please let me know.
This app is 100% free with no "upgrade", "pro" or "unlocked" versions.
This app requires no permissions and does not use any user data.
This application is for quick reference use only, there may be errors or inaccuracies although I try to ensure the information is as accurate as possible. Me, the app maker, or the company advertised, STS, will not be held liable for any misinformation or misjudgment as a result of using this app.
* Added thermocouple cold junction calculator to convert °C to mV between 0°C and 70°C.
* Overhauled visual theme throughout app including some better fonts.
* Better support for smaller screens to prevent text cropping.
* Made thermocouples smoother to swipe between.
* Removed some landscape layouts.
* Added link to RTD calculator for convenience.
* Made use of the new android DrawerList.