USE ONLY if you are on a AOKP or CyanogenMod ROM that is current (Builds after October 15th) and on a rooted phone.
Themes on Play Store:
No apps themed - User Interface only
Basic - themes UI and MMS/People
This theme - the full theme including Swype Keyboard/MMS/People/Google Play Store/Google Now/Google Music/ Google Keep
This theme enhances the already well designed JellyBean interface for JB-based ROMs that utilize the CM10 theme engine. If you do not have a current CM10/AOKP-based ROM after October 10, the MMS application will not theme completely.
If you use the quick response in MMS.apk, make sure you enable "dark theme" in the MMS/SMS settings.
This is tested and will work on CM10 and AOKP ROMs. Custom ROMs that deviate from these such as Paranoid Android may introduce issues as these ROMs deviate strongly and some features may not support themes.
Some words about which apps are themed, and why and with what limitations:
- The intend of my theme is to modify, where possible, the apps that I use frequently and where Google has enforced the holo.light theme. That is the primary reason why I now have added GoogleNow, Google Play Music and Play Store as these apps now enforce the holo.light theme.
- The theme engine part of many ROMS has limitations (unable to redirect when colors/images are forced by using layout.xml files and smali coding in the app). An example is the forced white background in the Email and Google Mail application when reading individual mail items, hence I will not be able to theme these and have proper and uniform appearance that satisfies my requirements without having to force users to download and install modified versions of these apps. I would recommend that, in order to have black/dark.holo styles applied to Gmail/Email/Calendar and other apps, the modified versions of these apps provided by other users be downloaded and flashed.
Apply theme, then reboot. Reboot is also required after a theme update is installed.
Getting"improperly compiled" error?. Set to system theme, reboot, then apply.
Missing assets/screen size? Apply anyway
- Added standard JellyBean statusbar icons (for those that use a themed ROM but do not like the customizations)
- Added a semi-transparent widget background for most system widgets
- No dividers in settings and other sub- and pop-up menus
- Themed pop-up and settings menus
- Black background for dialer and contact/people app
- Themed MMS and people app (fully themed)
- Themed Google Now
- Themed Play Store
- Themed Play Music
- Themed Browser
- Themed Chrome
- Themed Gmail
- Themed Email
- Themed Google Translate
- Themed Google Drive
Gmail theme changes based on beta feedback
- fixed the account spinner (when sending email/composing, who is sending it if using multiple accounts)
- fonts cleaned up
- Fixed send button in compose view
- Fixed settings/labels reported by beta testers
- Introduce breathing gmail notification icon
- Small changes to glow in popup dialogs
- Changed WIFI hotspot icon (thanks +Mike M. )
- Added 3g/2g/mixed mode quicksetting icons
- Changed some qs items (WIFI AP)
- Added quiet hours quicksetting tile themeing
- Removed leftovers from youtube beta testing. Sorry youtube now clean again.
- Included themeing support for new Google Keep
- Bugfixes on Gmail and other small fixes
- Removed Browser and Chrome theming (not fully themeable so no real point)
V9.3 (based on beta community feedback)
- Removed WIFI icon theming (can be downloaded seperately for beta users)
- Fixed issue with open/uninstall buttons in Play Store
- Added Google Translate theming (as much as possible)
- Added Google Drive theme
- Changed Popups (less transparency and removed glow)
For more details go to
Here is the link to the beta community if you want to become a beta user
Added black side drawer for latest play store
Theme fixed for new Gmail apk (conversation view header fonts)
Added theme for calculator and deskclock
Update to Google drive theme