TileFun is a classic slider puzzle or sliding puzzle (Taquin puzzle, also known as 15-Puzzle or Mystic Square), displaying a set of wooden, picture or glass tiles (of any number fitting into a rectangle) that you move into the correct order, providing a very realistic gaming experience and customizable effects for hours of puzzling fun (works for me at least ;-).
- You can play with any picture available on your phone/tablet or use one of the provided (wood, glass) styles or one of the built-in high-res photos.
- You can enable any effect individually (e.g. turn the shuffle animation on or off).
- TileFun was created for fun of programming Android, so it is free of ads and safe, i.e. it requires (almost (*)) no special permissions.
(*) NOTE: With Android 4.4 TileFun does require the permission to "read USB storage" in order to allow playing puzzles with your own photos. You may also NEED to use the built-in Gallery-App for picking your own pictures!
TileFun game is optimized for ease of playing with a pleasant, aesthetic appearance. It allows different kinds of playing styles (pure puzzle vs. effects, relaxed playing or beat-your-high-score...).
- Realistic rendering and animation: Tiles follow finger precisely (if desired), multiple tiles can be moved at once, handcrafted tile bitmaps for that realism touch.
- Various styles: Pure wooden "retro" tiles, glass tiles with user-selected background or classic picture puzzle/photo puzzle (Five hi-quality pics are built-in, but you can use any image from your gallery - camera, download or email).
- Game status is saved automagically, you can stop anytime and continue later (or start a new game).
- Puzzle size NxM can be changed with each new game, anything from 2x2 to 10x10 (and all intermediate sizes, e.g. 2x3, 6x4, 6x9...)
- Customize the game's look, touch and feel according to your preferences, (enable sound, haptic and animation effects - including re-shuffling the tiles by shaking the device - during playing - but only if desired); change the tile style in mid-game.
- Switch on the integrated stop-watch/counter to track/beat your best results (saved automatically).
- View your high scores and directly start a new NxM game from the high score list (main screen/menu).
- TileFun scales from low-res phones to high-res tablets - as a tablet game it is a real eye-catcher due to the large screen and high resolution of today's tablets. It runs on older devices (from Android 1.6) but also on newest tablets like the recent Nexus 7 2013 with Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and works fine with both portrait and landscape orientation.
- All effects can be turned off - if you prefer realism, play it like a "dumb" slide puzzle...
TileFun requires only one "safe" permission (to read-in pictures of your choice) on your phone/tablet and has a small footprint of 2.7MB - including the 5 built-in HD-pictures. It will install on SD-card automatically if you have Android 2.2 or higher. TileFun is ad-free!
V2.2.3: Fix for Android 4.4 - Sorry folks, now TileFun DOES require a permission (read external storage) ... this is needed when you want to choose your own picture for the puzzle. Earlier Android versions did not need this permission. To choose your own photos, use the built-in gallery app.