Turn any Android device into a mini solid state battery backed network video recorder! Use a spare, old, cheap, or left android device as a free DVR to record cheap IP cameras.
New! built-in web server allows user to remote control the app itself. For example, turn on in-app motion detection remotely or use app as transcoder to get jpeg/mjpeg feed from any supported camera (especially the ones with odd/proprietary formats).
New! Motion Detection built into app works with all cameras. Option to play sound in viewers when motion is detected. Option to record only when motion is detected in Record Mode.
Record all your standalone IP network video cameras, 24x7, using this app. Includes recorded playback, search, and export to video clip.
Mount it on a wall in Matrix View, while in record mode, so it can double as a free video monitor! Works with Google TV so display it on a 50" LCD/Plasma TV if you like.
For example, I use a cheap Acer Iconia A500 Honeycomb Tablet with a tiny 500GB usb hard drive to record 6 cameras for months at a time.
Over 800+ different make/models supports.
- more drivers and driver fixes
- dropbox integration for Import/Export
- embedded web server for remote control, tasker integration, chromecast, cam serving, etc.
- remote in-app motion detection on/off api
- remote add/delete/import/etc cameras api
- remote fetch camera frames api, use app as transcoder/proxy for devices with custom binary protocols!
- reorganized menus