Explore American history with 365 of the most fascinating documents and photos from the collections of the US National Archives. Today's Document is an interactive gallery that displays a significant historical document or photo for each day of the year. You can learn what happened on your birthday, search for a document by keyword, or just browse at your leisure.
Featured documents have included popular documents like the Declaration of Independence and Emancipation Proclamation as well as lesser known (but equally fascinating) documents like the Zimmerman Telegram, President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s 1961 Farewell address, and a handwritten draft of President John F. Kennedy’s 1961 Inaugural Address.
· Pinch to zoom and inspect individual documents and photos—each rendered as stunning high resolution images.
· Swipe a document left or right to view the previous or next day’s document.
· Use the calendar icon to select a specific date or just browse documents at random.
· Tap the info icon to read fascinating background information (including extensive links to related web sites).
· Add a document to your favorites list by tapping the star icon.
· Share documents via email, Facebook or Twitter by tapping the share icon.
Today’s Document is based on the America’s Historical Documents feature found at www.archives.gov/historical-docs/.