Touchatag is a service that allows you to link NFC tags to actions. When a tag is scanned, the tag info is sent to the Touchatag server. If an action is associated to that tag, the client app will execute it.
Check the demo video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhgYhKw3rk0
Some example tag action are:
- Opening an URL in the browser
- Open the Mail app with the 'mailto:' scheme
- Opening Maps app at certain coordinates with the 'geo:' scheme
- Opening the Dialer app with a certain number using the 'tel:' scheme
To get started :
1. Signup for an account at http://www.touchatag.com
2. Sign in with your credentials in the website and in the android app
3. Go to the Touchatag Dashboard webapp at http://www.touchatag.com/dashboard
4. Create a new WebLink app with a certain URL you want the tag to trigger
5. Click 'use app' and select RFID tag.
6. You are now asked to place a tag on the reader, use your phone to send the tag info. The tag will show up in the dashboard. Click 'choose this tag' and done!
7. If you now scan the tag it will trigger the WebLink app and open the URL.
Some examples :
Open the foursquare app at a certain venue : use 'http://m.foursquare.com/venue/563520' as URL
Open the dialer app with a certain number : use 'tel:555555' as URL
Open the maps app at a certain set op coordinates : 'geo:51.217912,4.404466?z=17'
You need an account at http://www.touchatag.com to use this app and Touchatag tags which you can buy on our website.
Uses Gingerbread 2.3.3 NFC APIs
Check out the dashboard BETA app https://market.android.com/details?id=com.touchatag.beta&feature=search_result