This app uses the front or back camera to detect tiny changes in brightness due to the blood flow under your skin.
- Avoid flickering lights (i.e. fluorescent tubes) and changing backgrounds, as they can interfere with the reading.
- Point your camera to an uncovered part of skin, face, hands etc.
- Keep a steady image.
- The grey numbers show the instant rate between beats, use it only as indication of having localized a good spot
- Press start to begin recording, the numbers will turn black and the app will begin accumulating heart beats.
- The reading averages with time, after 30 heartbeats a tiny heart will appear, that shows a stable enough reading.
- Pressing stop the reading will halt and the last value will be shown.
- Press erase to begin again.
The first times you use this app, it is a little difficult to get a reliable reading, try it various times to get used to it, try also different skin spots to point.
It works better under natural light sources, if your light source causes interference or you can't keep a steady image, you can also use this app placing your fingertip over the camera, covering it, and it will detect its change in transparency, no flash needed.
This is a beta release and only tested on my LG device. Please tell me what do you think about it.
Uses internet permission to show adMob ads.