A simple, elegant tool to track CTA buses and trains.
Do you use the same bus or train every morning in your commute? This app allows you to place a widget on your home screen to track a specific stop, so you can see real-time arrivals and alerts for your commute the second you unlock your phone.
Transit Tracker Chicago lets you:
- Choose from a list of routes and stops to see arrival times
- Save your favorite stops in organized groups for easy access
- See relevant service alerts for all bus and train routes
- View stops and routes on a map for quick reference
- See all stops near to you on a map or in list form
- Tap anywhere on the map (or type an address) to see stops near to that location
- See all recently viewed stops
- Place a widget on your home screen to track arrivals for a specific route and stop (great for commutes or other commonly-used routes)
Transit Tracker: Chicago features a sleek design using the Google Cards UI and does not have any in-app advertisements. All transit data comes directly from the Chicago Transit Authority.
"I'm glad someone finally wrote a CTA app that looks good and works like a charm." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
"This is the best app that I have used to navigate the CTA yet. Well done." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
Location - The app uses your location to show you nearby CTA bus stops and train stations.
Photo/Media/Files - The app stores certain CTA data locally on your device so that it does not have to use the internet every time it needs to access that data. This saves you time and data usage.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the CTA.
- Stops have been added, removed, or fixed if they were no longer showing arrivals. You may need to update your saved stops to clear those which are no longer serviced by the CTA
- Improved accuracy of arrival times
- New widget design
- Added Green Line to widget
- Added ability to plot train routes on map
- Fixed Recent Stops to show your most recently viewed stops on top instead of in random order
- Fixed issue with service alerts not showing
- Fixed Brown Line at Washington/Wells