Formerly "Transit Tracker: Chicago CTA"
Depot is a tracking tool for the buses and trains of the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
Do you use the same Chicago bus or train every morning in your commute? Among many features, this app allows you to place a widget on your home screen to track a specific stop, so you can see real-time arrivals and alerts for your commute the second you unlock your phone.
Depot Chicago lets you:
- Quickly see a map or list of nearby routes and stops
- Save your favorite stops in organized groups for easy access
- Track upcoming buses and trains on a map
- See relevant CTA service alerts for all bus and train routes
- Plot route paths on a map for convenient reference
- Tap or search anywhere on the map of Chicago to see stops and routes near to that location
- Place a widget on your home screen to track arrivals for a specific route and stop (great for commutes or other commonly-used routes)
Premium users get access to these features:
- Active tracking: Arrival times pinned to your notification bar, refreshed automatically every minute
- Smart alarms: Alarms that let you know (1) when to leave your house and (2) when your stop is coming up (if you're currently on a bus or train)
- More widget sizes: Instant arrival times on your home screen with more options for space efficiency
- Vehicle sharing: Friends can track your location and get a notification when you reach your destination stop
- Vehicle following: See which stops are coming up and when
Depot Chicago is easy to use, features a sleek design, and does not have any in-app advertisements. All transit data comes directly from the Chicago Transit Authority.
Location - The app uses your location to show you nearby CTA bus stops and train stations.
Photo/Media/Files - The app stores certain CTA data locally on your device so that it does not have to use the internet every time it needs to access that data. This saves you time and data usage.
In-app Purchases - There is an optional paid upgrade for premium features.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
- Fix for premium users who switched devices and could no longer use premium features (contact me if this is the case for you)