Do you use the same bus or train every morning in your commute? This app allows you to place a widget on your home screen to track a specific stop, so you can see real-time arrivals and alerts for your commute the second you unlock your phone.
Transit Tracker Chicago lets you:
- Choose from a list of routes and stops to see arrival times
- Save your favorite stops in organized groups for easy access
- See relevant service alerts for all bus and train routes
- View stops and routes on a map for quick reference
- See all stops near to you on a map or in list form
- Tap anywhere on the map (or type an address) to see stops near to that location
- See all recently viewed stops
- Place a widget on your home screen to track arrivals for a specific route and stop (great for commutes or other commonly-used routes)
Transit Tracker: Chicago features a sleek design using the Google Cards UI and does not have any in-app advertisements. All transit data comes directly from the Chicago Transit Authority.
"I'm glad someone finally wrote a CTA app that looks good and works like a charm." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
"This is the best app that I have used to navigate the CTA yet. Well done." - Transit Tracker: Chicago user
Location - The app uses your location to show you nearby CTA bus stops and train stations.
Photo/Media/Files - The app stores certain CTA data locally on your device so that it does not have to use the internet every time it needs to access that data. This saves you time and data usage.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the CTA.
- New Settings screen with the following options:
Enable or disable the "Shake to Update" feature (disabled by default)
Change what screen the app starts on (e.g. see your saved stops right away)
Leave feedback or rate the app
- Users can now select from their saved stops when placing a widget
- Removed the old widget
- Fixed service alert icon for widgets with Google Cards style background