Formerly "Transit Tracker: Chicago CTA"
Depot is a tracking tool for the buses and trains of the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA).
Do you use the same bus or train every morning in your commute? This app allows you to place a widget on your home screen to track a specific stop, so you can see real-time arrivals and alerts for your commute the second you unlock your phone.
Depot lets you:
- Choose from a list of routes and stops to see arrival times
- Save your favorite stops in organized groups for easy access
- See relevant service alerts for all bus and train routes
- View stops and routes on a map for quick reference
- See all stops near to you on a map or in list form
- Tap anywhere on the map (or type an address) to see stops near to that location
- See all recently viewed stops
- Place a widget on your home screen to track arrivals for a specific route and stop (great for commutes or other commonly-used routes)
Premium users get access to these features:
- Active tracking: Arrival times pinned to your notification bar, refreshed automatically every minute
- Smart alarms: Alarms that let you know (1) when to leave your house and (2) when your stop is coming up (if you're currently on a bus or train)
- More widget sizes: Instant arrival times on your home screen with more options for space efficiency
- Vehicle sharing: Friends can track your location and get a notification when you reach your destination stop
- Vehicle following: See which stops are coming up and when
Depot features a sleek design using the Google Cards UI and does not have any in-app advertisements. All transit data comes directly from the Chicago Transit Authority.
"In this cold winter weather, if you can time yourself so you're outside waiting less then that is golden! Couldn't live without this app." - Depot user
"I'm glad someone finally wrote a CTA app that looks good and works like a charm." - Depot user
"This is the best app that I have used to navigate the CTA yet. Well done." - Depot user
Location - The app uses your location to show you nearby CTA bus stops and train stations.
Photo/Media/Files - The app stores certain CTA data locally on your device so that it does not have to use the internet every time it needs to access that data. This saves you time and data usage.
In-app Purchases - There is an optional paid upgrade for premium features.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the CTA.
**Emergency fix for previous update which broke app.
- Introduced new premium version of app
- New app name, icon, theme, and widgets (more Material Design to come!)
- Added train location tracking to arrivals map (previously only buses)
- Service alert icon is now orange by default and red if there are high priority alerts
- Fixed issue with route and stop text not showing up on some devices
- Temporarily disabled text input on map search due to a known issue with Google services
- Other fixes