Track fishing trips and instantly share photos of your catches with friends using Trimble GPS Fish Pro (formerly Cabela’s Recon Fish). Anglers can view five map types, see weather reports, consult sun/moon phases, and mark fishing hot spots.
This app is best for: fisherman, boaters, and people who enjoy water sports.
GPS Fish uses the GPS built into your Android phone and works in remote places without the need of data or cellular signals.
BUILT FOR ANGLERS
• Outdoor Maps: View topographic, aerial, terrain, hybrid and street maps. Topo maps are 1:24K scale in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska and 1:50K in Canada.
• Offline Maps: Build your own offline map bundles. Pick an area, select map type, and download maps onto your iPhone to view them in areas without a cell or data connection.
• Weather Reports: Check five-day weather forecasts. See the current humidity, heat index, dew point, wind chill, wind speed and direction.
• Sun/Moon: See solar and lunar phases by date and location.
• Elite members: Access exclusive map overlays: 6,900 lake maps, see dirt roads, public land boundaries, and real-time Doppler radar and wind speeds.
JOIN OUR FISHING COMMUNITY
• Share photos of your catches with friends via mobile and online apps. Caught a monster fish? Post it to the Fish Feed and showoff your catch without revealing where you caught it.
• Check back daily to see new fish photos posted by other GPS Fish users.
RECORD FISHING TRIPS
• Keep a digital journal of where and when you caught fish.
• Record unlimited tracks and routes on seamless maps.
• Check the digital compass. Choose between: Magnetic North and True North.
• Mark waypoints where you caught fish. Create markers for the boat dock, marina, or underwater structures. Use the GoTo feature to return to them anytime.
• Capture photos and videos.
• See 10+ on-the-go trip stats, including mileage, speed and direction.
Get access to exclusive features and outdoors maps on your phone, tablet, and PC. As an Elite member, you get:
View underwater charts for over 6,900 lakes in the U.S. See depth contours down to 10-foot intervals. Coverage includes popular bass, walleye, northern pike, and trout fisheries. Please check our lake coverage at: http://cabelas.trimbleoutdoors.com/Products/ReconElite/LakeCoverage.aspx
View real-time Weather Maps (Doppler, wind, cloud cover, air temperature, ocean temperature)
View public land boundaries to find access points to lakes, creeks, and rivers. Good for shoreline anglers and fly-fisherman.
Mega Offline Map
Access more than 2,500 bundles. Download topographic maps on your phone by state and county.
Get full-access to all the features in all our hunting and fishing apps: Trimble GPS Fish, Trimble GPS Hunt, and Trimble GPS Maps.
See whether dirt roads are open or closed in 134 national forest and BLM lands.
Plan trips online with our Trip Planner. Mark waypoints, draw tracks, import GPS and GPX files from other map programs and GPS devices.
Print high-quality maps on your home printer. Plus, Elite members get 20% off all custom printed map orders at MyTopo.com.
Trimble GPS Fish is part of a suite apps powered by Trimble, a worldwide leader in GPS and location technology. Check out our other hunting and fishing apps: Trimble GPS Hunt and Trimble GPS Maps.
Notes: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. GPS Fish is designed and optimized for Android smartphones, not tablets.
Feedback: Tell us what you think of GPS Fish and learn more at GPSHuntFish.com.
* Added support for updated GMU and private land boundaries
* Bug fixes