Turn your Android phone into a powerful GPS unit for hunting. With GPS Hunt Free, you can find hunting spots, track wildlife, go to waypoints, take trophy photos, and more. Best Part: GPS Hunt Free uses the GPS in your phone to track your location. You don’t need a cellular or data connection to use it to use it in the field.
Become an expert backcountry navigator and know where you are hunting at all times. Whether you are sitting in a stand or tracking your target on the move, this app can be used in all sorts of scenarios like big game hunting (deer, elk, bighorn, antelope, bear) and bird hunting (ducks, geese, pheasant, grouse, turkey).
NEW: Check out our new SD/microSD memory cards with topo maps and private land ownership details, including plot boundaries, land owner's name, parcel number and address. www.gpshuntfish.com/sdcards
BUILT FOR HUNTERS
• GPS Hunt works in places without a data or cellular signals. We have tested this technology in off-the-grid locations like Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Montana, and Wisconsin.
• View unlimited topographic maps in the United States and Canada. Topo maps are 1:24K scale in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska, and 1:50K in Canada. These outdoor maps make great recon for your next hunt.
• Save offline maps onto your Android (requires Pro app or Elite subscription)
• Consult street and satellite photos. Navigate with the digital compass (magnetic north and true north).
• Mark waypoints of your favorite (or secret) spots like a hunting blind, treestand, game trails or where you parked your truck.
• Record tracks.
• Record bugling elk, gobbling wild turkeys or other sounds with the audio recorder.
• See 15+ trip stats, including mileage, speed, elevation, direction, elevation gain/loss, and GPS position.
• GPS Hunt also provides weather forecasts, sun and moon phases, trip stats and ballistics info for 850+ pistol and rifle cartridges.
• Our power saver technology monitors how you use the app in order to preserve battery power.
UPGRADE TO ELITE
Need offline maps? Want to view hunt units or updated public land boundaries? Become an Elite member and access more exclusive maps in all three of our hunting and fishing apps (Trimble GSP Hunt, Trimble GPS Fish, Trimble GPS Maps) and on our website.
With an Elite membership, you get access to these maps and tools online and in app including:
• Build your own custom offline map bundles in your app. Saving offline maps on your phone lets you view them without a data signal. Go anywhere and have the maps you need.
• Access more than 3,000 Mega Offline Map bundles. Need big sets of maps? Download topos on your phone by state, county or hunt unit.
• View public land boundaries like state game lands, wildlife areas for all states, except AK, DE, RI, and SC.
• View hunt units for 10 states (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, and WY).
• View real-time Weather Maps (Doppler, wind, cloud cover, air temperature, ocean temperature)
• See whether dirt roads are open or closed in 134 national forest and BLM lands.
• Plan trips online with our Trip Planner. Mark points, draw tracks, import GPS files and more.
• View depth contours for more than 6,900 lakes in the U.S.
Trimble GPS Hunt is part of a suite apps powered by Trimble, a worldwide leader in GPS and location technology. Check out our other hunting and fishing apps: Trimble GPS Fish and Trimble GPS Maps.
Notes: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. GPS Hunt is designed and optimized for Android smartphones, not tablets.
Tell us what you think about the app and learn more at: GPSHuntFish.com.
* Fixed an issue with Mega Offline Maps not being recognized under Android Lollipop
* General stability improvements