Truck GPS Navigation is a truck-specific navigation system designed to provide safe and reliable routing on truck-legal roads.
Truck drivers know that choosing the wrong route leads to wasted fuel, out-of-route kilometers, lost time and money and in some cases also safety issues.
Unlike standard car navigation systems, Truck GPS Navigation calculates efficient routes based on the vehicle profile information, routing parameters and load type, including hazardous materials.
The driver can choose a profile configuration based on length, height, width, weight, max. axle load, and whether he is carrying hazardous goods.
The maps are on-board, which means they are stored directly on the device for offline use. At the same time both the maps and the application can be easily updated free of charge.
TRY OUT THE APP FOR FREE!
We have launched the new version of the Truck GPS Navigation mobile application designed especially for truck drivers. Thanks to Truck GPS Navigation will your smartphone or tablet gain the same qualities as a fully-fledged navigation system.
Next to the functions, which have been positively rated by the users – for example on-board maps for offline use, free maps and app updates or the user-friendly interface – you can be prepared for a set of brand new effective functions:
• Possibility of switching the appearance of the menu from list to tiles.
• Possibility to hide the lateral menu during navigation.
• Redesign of graphics in the application:
▪ For better visibility we have added shading to the icon of the car in the navigation.
▪ Appearance of Pop-Ups (can be closed by tapping on the Back button, when used on Android operating system).
▪ New icons on the panel in the bottom part of the navigation screen.
▪ New POI & Favorites icons.
▪ New graphics for signs announcing traffic incidents.
▪ New icons for Speed Restrictions.
At the same time we fixed bugs, which might have caused problems in the previous version of the application:
• Correction of Intents.
• Reparation of address launch from Contacts – if the contact wasn’t found, the app will not close anymore.
• Automatic rotation, when used on Android operating system.
On August 18th, 2014 company Aponia Software Ltd. released a new updated version of the TRUCK GPS NAVIGATION application for Android operating system.
The most distinct change is in the speed of determining the GPS position – it was adjusted in a way, so that the application finds the GPS position of its user as fast as possible even in cases, when he is not connected to the internet.
At the same time bugs, which might have caused problems in the previous version of the application, were fixed.