The Instant Notification system enables bomb squad technicians to quickly and effectively notify team members about suspicious packages or events over commercially available networks, and allows each individual technician to selectively receive events from other technicians utilizing their existing smart devices. Events reported in the field by a bomb technician using the INS are recorded by the centralized INS server and forwarded on to additional technicians. Upon receipt of a notification by the INS on the technician’s smart device, a user-defined filter is applied to the notification to determine if the smart device needs to generate an audible and visual alert for the technician. Upon alert, the user can select the alert to visualize the notification details.
Registration with the National Bomb Squad Commanders Advisory Board is required.
* Switched to new shared logic layer between iOS and Android
* New faster database back-end
* Fixed issue where notifications would go missing or never arrive at the device
* Fixed application and service connectivity issues
* Fixed service and map crashes
* Fixed incorrect date and time handling
* Select all in the collaborator list via long-press.
* Fixed state sort.
* Some HTC devices have a bug in their networking layer that can cause the application to be unstable.