This app is the free version of TV Antenna Helper. If you use this app, please rate it. If you feel that you can not rate this app 4 or 5 stars, please send me an email ([email protected]
) and let me know why.
Please consider buying the ad-free version at: https://market.android.com/details?id=potkay.tvantennahelper.paid
Please note: This app does not allow you to watch TV on your phone. Instead, it uses your location to find nearby over-the-air Digitial TV (DTV) and HDTV signals in the *United States* and assists you choosing an antenna and pointing it in the correct direction. Information provided by the app includes: TV channel signal strengths, compass bearings to signals (direction), distance to signal towers, TV channel numbers, RF channel numbers, elevation, and frequency bands (UHV, Hi-V, Lo-V).
User location is determined automatically via GPS or the network. Alternatively, a location can be manually entered. DTV/HDTV station data is downloaded from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The app displays nearby TV signal information in three ways:
1) A scrollable list displaying all nearby TV signals ordered from strongest to weakest.
2) A compass that displays the stations at their correct heading from the current location.
3) A map displaying the current location and the location of all nearby TV signal towers.
The app can also be used to recommend antennas for your location.
Keywords: Antenna, Television, TV, Digital TV, DTV, High Definition, HD, Hi-Def, HDTV, Signals, Over-the-air, FCC, Channels
* Updated the user interface
* Now includes location elevation, TV signal elevations, RF channel numbers, and station call letters.
* Added a feature to recommend antennas for your location.
* The ability to save/load TV signal data by location will be included in the next update.