twinme is a real-time text, audio, video chat service protecting privacy (no personal information exchanged) that lets you define how your contacts identify you.
twinme is free and hassle-free, with no registration and no access to personal data: no email address, no username, no pin, no password, not even a phone number.
twinme allows you to personalize your interactions online like you do in real life. Your children call “Mom" or "Dad", your lover calls "Honey", your friends "Pal", and your clients “Doctor” to interact with you on your mobile device. You define the "identity"(name and avatar) you want to use for each of your contacts. You can revoke the identity you shared with someone at any time to stop this contact from reaching you anymore.
twinme is based on WebRTC, the new standard for secure (encrypted) peer-to-peer real-time multimedia communications on the web.
twinme is fun and protects your privacy and confidentiality of your interactions.
HOW IT WORKS?
Slide an entry from left to right to manage contacts or groups (display, edit, delete) to invite contacts into a group or call a contact in real-time text, audio or video.
- Create a group corresponding to the type of contact you want to invite (Family, Friend, FB Friend, Work, Encounter, etc.) and define your “identity” (name and avatar) you want to associate to that group. This identity will represent you when inviting contacts from that group and used as your default identity when adding someone into that group.
- Invite contacts from that group by having them scan your group identity QR-Code with their twinme app, or send them a twinme invite as a Facebook, email, or text message.
- When receiving a twinme invite as a Facebook, email or text message, open the url of the invite message with twinme, edit the name of the group in which you want to store this contact and the name and avatar you want to use to represent you to this particular contact, and accept the invitation.
- When meeting a contact physically, you can scan his/her invitation QR-Code with your twinme application, or take a picture of it with your smartphone, and import it later into your twinme application from the photo gallery.
- Slide the contact entry from left to right, stop on the type of communication you want to use (real-time text, audio or video), and release.
- A real-time text call displays 2 windows. The bottom one for your entries and the top one for your contact entries. Each character you type (including back spaces) are seen by your correspondent at the time they are typed. You can therefore interrupt your correspondent if you already know what he/she is telling you. At the end of the call, all text are wiped out and cannot be retrieved.
- At any time you can edit your name and avatar representing you to each of your contacts. If you change your avatar, the new avatar will be pushed to your contact’s device and appear as your new avatar in his/her roster.
- If you change your identity to “unknown”, your contact will not be able to call you anymore, but you may still be able to call him/her as an anonymous call. He/she will not be able to call you anymore, though.
- If you delete a contact, he/she will be notified and your will not be able to call each other’s anymore.
- You may move a contact from a group to another one, already existing or just created.
twinme removes all constraints imposed by today’s communication service providers. It allows people and companies to protect and manage their online identities in accordance with their social lives, their activities, and their privacy constraints or preferences.
As opposed to many “free” mobile or web applications, twinme does not have any advertising, so nobody needs to know your personal data.
More information at: https://twin.me
Try it with your friends and new encounters, and have fun!
Improved user experience for inviting and accepting contacts.
Various bug corrections.
You may still need to "zap" the application and restart it to refresh a list after a modification, or when meeting an unexpected behavior.
Please report problems and issues, and send comments and feedback.