Tynker is the easiest way for children to learn programming. Solve puzzles to learn concepts, easily build your own games, and control robots and drones using our new step-by-step coding tutorials. 50+ free starter templates included for games, apps, drawing, music, physics, and more. Classroom management features for teachers available at tynker.com.
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Academics' Choice Award
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
PLAY! Learn to program with puzzle adventures -- over 200 levels
- Candy Quest - Use logic and loop variations to lead your character home
- Crash Course - Learn to program drones, lights, and Sphero in a virtual environment
- Dragon Journey - Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest
- Lost in Space - Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base
- Lazer Racer - Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game
- Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure
- Puzzle solutions available
NEW! 50 Fun Starter Programs
Includes inspiration for an unlimited portfolio of games and projects. Start with the simple interactive tutorials on animation, physics, and building games. Use the collection of templates to build your own games, experiment with physics, generate math art, play musical notes, and even control drones and robots.
CONNECT! Connect to control drones, robots, and more.
Now includes code blocks to control connected devices such as flying drones, robots, and lighting systems. Learn to use these new blocks in "Crash Course" with virtual representations of drones, robots, and lights. Then find these blocks in the “Create” mode and build programs to control real devices. Supports programming Sphero, Ollie, Parrot Rolling Spider drone, Philips Hue, and Lux personal lighting systems.
CREATE! Use Tynker Workshop to build your own games
- Quickly create with the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzles
- NEW! Learn the basics with interactive coding tutorials
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Define your own programs with conditional logic, loops, functions, variables, and more
- Design animated characters using the character creator
- Build realistic games using the physics engine
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
TEACH! Multi-user support and classroom management capabilities for teachers. When teachers create an online Tynker account and add their students:
- Teachers can create classrooms with multiple student accounts
- Each student can save their puzzle progress and projects they create
- Students can seamlessly access projects from web or mobile devices
- Teachers can review student projects from a web-enabled computer
What Do Children Learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition, and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
Tynker (www.tynker.com) inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming in a visual, intuitive, and imaginative way. More than 30,000 schools and 26 million kids have started coding with Tynker, building critical computational thinking skills for future success.
The Tynker programming language is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
- Coding Tutorials
- 50 free starter templates
- Code palette improvements
- Additional help and sample code for all blocks