Learn to program with puzzles and easily build your own games. Start by solving coding puzzles. Over 200 puzzles included in 4 adventures. Then, easily build your own games using the Tynker Workshop which includes 10 game-kits and a new Character Creator with millions of customizable characters to inspire imaginative games and stories.
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by GooglePlay in Education, Back To School Apps & Games
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
Learn coding with puzzle adventures (Over 200 levels)
- Codey’s Quest - Use logic and loop variations to lead Codey home.
- Dragon Journey - Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest.
- Lost in Space - Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base.
- Lazer Racer - Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game.
- Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure.
- Puzzle Solutions Available
Then, build your own games with Tynker Workshop
- Character Creator lets kids customize millions of fluidly-animated, professional-quality characters, with swappable parts and props, and a variety of stunningly realistic preset animations.
- Over 30 game-studio quality characters to customize with the Character Creator Engine
- Create games and apps quickly
- Use the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzle adventures
- Built-in physics engine for advanced games
- Included: 10 complete pre-built game kits to remix your own game from
- Included: 5 Media Themes with hundreds of assets - Fantasy, Adventure, Sci Fi, Modern and Spooky
- Included: Downloadable Library of Sample coding projects
- Define your own functions and variables
- Build musical projects using the built-in notes for piano, electric guitar and drums.
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Build an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to play with friends
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
- Supported on tablets
NEW! Multi-user support and classroom management capabilities for teachers. When teachers create an online Tynker account and add their students…..
- Teachers can create classrooms with multiple student accounts
- Each student can save their puzzle progress and projects they create
- Students can seamlessly access projects from web or mobile devices
- Teachers can review student iPad projects from a web-enabled computer
- Teacher can create and publish a class showcase with best student projects
What do Children learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
Tynker (www.tynker.com) inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming, in a visual, intuitive and imaginative way. Over 10,000 schools and 10 million kids have started coding with Tynker -- building critical computational thinking skills for future success.
The Tynker programming language is inspired by visual programming languages, such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages, like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
- Android 5.0 bug fixes