Learn to program with puzzles. Build apps, command drones and control robots. No internet connectivity required. Start by solving coding puzzles. Additional puzzle levels available as in-app purchases. Easily build programs using Tynker Workshop. Remix from pre-coded templates or build your own apps. Plus, new connected devices supported - program Sphero, Ollie, Parrot minidrones and Philips lights!
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by GooglePlay in Education, Back To School Apps & Games
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
NEW! CONNECTED DEVICE SUPPORT
Now includes code blocks to control connected devices such as flying drones, robots and lighting systems. Learn how to use these new coding blocks in the new "Crash Course" puzzle set. Then find these blocks in the “Create” mode and build programs to control actual physical devices.
- Sphero robot
- Ollie robot
- Parrot rolling spider
- Philips Hue/Lux personal lighting system
Learn coding with puzzle adventures (Over 200 levels)
- Candy’s Quest - Use logic and loop variations to lead your character home.
- Crash Course - Learn to program drones, lights and Sphero in a virtual environment
- Dragon Journey - Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest.
- Lost in Space - Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base.
- Lazer Racer - Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game.
- Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure.
- Puzzle Solutions Available
Then, build your own games with Tynker Workshop
- Character Creator lets kids customize millions of fluidly-animated, professional-quality characters, with swappable parts and props, and a variety of stunningly realistic preset animations.
- Over 30 game-studio quality characters to customize with the Character Creator Engine
- Built-in physics engine for advanced games
- Included: 10+ complete pre-built game kits to remix your own game from
- Included: 5 Media Themes with hundreds of assets - Fantasy, Adventure, Sci Fi, Modern and Spooky
- Define your own functions and variables
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Build an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to play with friends
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
- Supported on tablets
Multi-user support and classroom management capabilities for teachers. When teachers create an online Tynker account and add their students…..
- Teachers can create classrooms with multiple student accounts
- Each student can save their puzzle progress and projects they create
- Students can seamlessly access projects from web or mobile devices
- Teachers can review student iPad projects from a web-enabled computer
- Teacher can create and publish a class showcase with best student projects
What do Children learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
Tynker (www.tynker.com) inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming, in a visual, intuitive and imaginative way. More than 10,000 schools and 9 million kids have started coding with Tynker -- building critical computational thinking skills for future success.
The Tynker programming language is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
- Now works with multiple drones