If you're tired of having to do "team captains" every time you want to change up teams, but don't want entirely random teams either, give this app a try.
This team picker is designed for Ultimate Frisbee games. Team player distribution is based on 7 different player skills and allows selecting which players are there before picking teams.
Skills used: height, speed, catching, throwing, defense, competitiveness, experience, endurance.
The algorithms used are quick and efficient, and produced fairly balanced teams based on the skill ratings. It takes only a few seconds to add a player to the database, and only a few seconds more to un-select players not present.
Some advanced options are available in the Preferences, as well as turning on a more detailed explanation of the team balances after the algorithm is done selecting players.
* Supports 8 different player skills with ratings of 1 to 5.
* Add, edit, and delete players.
* Pick any number teams.
* Select players available for current game.
* Force certain players to be paired with or separated (split) from others.
* Mark players as inactive to make selecting available players quicker.
* Backup, restore, send (e-mail, Dropbox, etc.), and receive/load player database.
* Import and export CSV versions of the database.
* Easy and lightweight interface.
* Can try to make teams' gender distribution equal.
* Optional skill weighting.
* Fixed a picking progress display bug.
* Added endurance attribute (just leave it at 1 if you want to ignore it).
* Fixed bug causing crash in certain instances when splitting a player from two other players.
* Got rid of annoying some toast messages and made some toast messages faster.
* Made preferences page save on any change rather than having to press the save button.