Founded in 1925 the United Way is an autonomous and independent organization governed by a local Board of community members. Our accountability is to our local volunteers and investors. Decisions on which programs to fund and all other operating and policy decisions are made here in Wayne County.
The mission of United Way of Wayne County is to increase the capacity of the people of Wayne County to care for one another by identifying human needs and supporting programs that have the greatest impact on improving lives. Priority program focus areas include Education; Health & Wellness; Financial Stability; Community Enhancement & Stabilizing Personal Crisis. These are the building blocks for a better life for many people in our community.
United Way of Wayne County is a community organization working in collaboration with local non-profits to improve the lives of people in our local community. Partnerships with local programs which meet established criteria of program accountability through outcome measurements and fiscal responsibility are supported by uniting people and resources to achieve the greatest impact on lives in Wayne County.
Powered by In Touch Systems mobile marketing system, United Way of Wayne County is your go-to guide for keeping you up to date on the community engagement campaign, events, and volunteer opportunities in Wayne County.
This free, easy to use, flexible app allows you to stay informed and get involved through United Way of Wayne County. Our mobile app provides smart phone users with lots of useful tools such as mapping to our events and fundraisers, email feedback, easy phone contact to use and much, much more.
• Easy to access contact information including phone numbers, websites, and social media connections.
• Descriptions of each event, photos, and sponsors.
• Mapping to our events and fundraisers
• Notifications sent directly to your smart phone about our events and fundraisers
Easy sharing via Facebook and Twitter
• United Way of Wayne County is organized by categories, events, and volunteer opportunities. Within each category you'll find unique, interesting, and useful information.
• Information and places of interest in and around Wayne County
• United Way of Wayne County is produced and powered by In Touch Systems NC, a leader in developing mobile marketing applications.
Information about In Touch Systems is available at http://www.myintouchmobile.com or by calling 919.273.4321.