The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client is a Unified Communications application that works in conjunction with the UNIVERGE 3C Unified Communications Manager server which delivers, among other things, Voice over IP (VoIP) PBX, Soft Phone and Unified Communications services for enterprise.
The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client helps a user manage, in real time, multi-media communications including VoIP, Instant messaging, presence, conferencing and more. In this version a Soft Phone is integrated into the client, to enable users to communicate over VoIP in the WiFi or Cellular Data network.
The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client provides user control over communications to/from any VoIP phone assigned to them. These can be hard phones or soft phones that are located on their desk in their office, a soft phone running on their PC or any Android device, a shared phone they are temporarily "logged onto", etc. With the UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client users may place outbound calls from any VoIP device assigned to them, screen, answer, or redirect inbound calls to any user device, including their tablet/smartphone. The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client provides a real time notification. The user can then use the UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client to take action on the call in any manner that they wish. For example, they can use the UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client to answer the call at any of their VoIP phones assigned to them. User may choose to ignore the call and send it to voicemail. User may also wish to redirect the call to another user or redirect the call to their tablet/smartphone (cellular or soft phone) to answer. Once a call is answered at the user's chosen device, the user is presented with several options that can be performed on the call in real-time. Some of these options are:
- Move: Call may be moved without interruption from the VoIP device it is currently connected at, to any of the VoIP devices assigned to them, including the user's smartphone
- Hold/unhold: User's may hold/un-hold the call regardless of the VoIP device the call is connected at
- Transfer: User's can transfer the call to another destination
- Record: Users with administrator's permission may start recording the call
- Quick conference: User can place the call into a conference with other users
In addition to allowing a user to control their VoIP calls in real time, the UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client offers several Unified Communications features to ensure a rich communications experience:
- Contact search: The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client allows the user to search for other users within their personal contacts as well as on their corporate directory
- Contact availability (presence): The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client provides the real-time presence of the user. This ensures availability of the contact prior to contacting them
- Contact profile details: This provides information about the contact such as full name, title, department, office location, etc.
- Communications history: Provide user's a history of communications with all contacts including IM history
- Much more...
The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client enhances business communications, and takes efficiency and productivity to the next level. With the UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client and UNIVERGE 3C system, user's can control their multi-media communications from anywhere, at any time and on any device.
The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client application requires the UNIVERGE 3C Unified Communications Manager version 8.5 for full functionality. However UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client is compatible with UNIVERGE 3C 8.1 and UNIVERGE Sphericall 8.0 with fewer functionalities. Please contact your local NEC representative for more details.
The UNIVERGE 3C Mobile Client is compatible with all Android OS devices (4.0+), and designed and tested with the Nexus 3, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. Also, the functionality has been validated with:
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7, NEC Media Tab UL(N-08D), Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 10.1
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
- Answer call from locked screen
- Phonetic name
- Automatic default device selection
- G722.1 Codec
- Security features
- User Session Limit
- SRTP support
- Misc. Bug fixes