It’s never been easier to access the PA Statewide ALS, BLS, CCT and AEMT Protocols. With UPMC EMS Navigator, the 2015 protocols are interactive and at your fingertips — linking you instantly to medication information, drug calculators, and other relevant information.
How does this help you?
UPMC EMS Navigator gives you and your EMS team immediate access to information that can help you save lives, with no papers to flip through and no hard-to-read PDFs.
UPMC EMS Navigator provides decision support tools to quickly assess patient condition, treat as needed, and contact Medical Command during critical moments in caring for and transporting your patient to the hospital. Download this invaluable tool and start using it today!
This app was developed by UPMC Enterprises, leaders in applying technology to improve healthcare throughout the region.
* PA Statewide Protocols — Supplies the full Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Protocols, as published by the PA Department of Health, right at your fingertips. Includes links to medication information, other protocols, and tools directly from within the protocols.
* Drug Lookup — Provides concise information for the most common medications used by EMS staff, including: dosage calculators, route of administration, contraindications, possible side effects, and direct links to PA ALS and BLS protocols.
* GPS Locator — Pinpoints your location with precise coordinates and integrated maps, where available.
* Hospital Directory — Displays a list of regional hospitals, including contact information and web addresses.
* GPS functionality has been added to this application that will conveniently send incident coordinates to the Stat MedEvac Command Center. This will allow for greater pre-flight coordination and preparation for life-saving medical responses.
* The ability for users to take advantage of selecting and sending additional coordinate points when requesting a medical helicopter from Stat MedEvac.
* The ability to send EKG read outs to destination hospitals.
* Quick Call — Presents a one-touch option to quickly call either a custom Medical Command number or a primary number that you define — from anywhere in the application.
* Continuing Education — Provides a calendar of upcoming events and educational opportunities. Coming soon: On-the-go participation in educational programs.
Please note that all standard Stat MedEvac Command Center request procedure protocols must be followed and completed to best coordinate submissions.
To activate this added functionality, qualified users will be required to complete a one-time registration form in the “Settings” tab that will allow their smartphones to communicate with the Stat MedEvac Command Center.
Once activated, the new “Request Helicopter” feature will send the user’s current location to the Stat MedEvac Command Center. The user will receive confirmation that these coordinates have been sent.
- Updated the ALS and BLS protocols for the 2015 update
- Added AEMT and CCT protocols
- Other content upgrades