VGB is a GameBoy emulator. It runs Classic, Color, and Super GameBoy games on your phone or tablet. VGB also emulates the pocket printer addon, link cable, rumble pack, cheat codes, and comes with cheats for dozens of popular games. Save your game progress at any moment, or even rewind gameplay back in time. Brag about it to your friends, then let them start playing where you have left off. Or play together over WiFi. VGB supports GoogleTV and lets you play using Xperia Play, Moga, iCade, Wiimote, Sixaxis, Nyko PlayPad, and other gamepads.
* Specifically optimized for Android devices, using assembly language and hardware acceleration to run GBC games as fast as possible.
* Supports full screen landscape and portrait modes, with many special effect options and customizable skin.
* Supports Moga and iCade gamepads, Nyko PlayPad, Xperia Play, Wiimote and Sixaxis.
* Supports GoogleTV devices running Android 4.x (Jelly Bean), such as LG G2/G3.
* The built-in Cheatopedia offers cheat codes for many popular GBC games.
* Save gameplay at any point and go back to that point once your character gets killed.
* Rewind gameplay 16 seconds back with a single keypress.
* Share your current progress in a GBC game with other users via State Exchange feature.
* Use GameLink emulation to play with other users over local network or Internet.
* Play with your hardware keyboard, gamepad, touch screen, or accelerometer.
* Record game soundtrack to MIDI files and use them as ringtones.
* On-screen buttons can be freely rearranged.
Please notice that VGB will not play GBA games: you will need VGBA for that. VGB package itself does not contain any games. You should place your own game files onto the SD card before running VGB.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with VGB. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free GameBoy games.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
* Enabled application-wide graphics acceleration.
* Fixed Emulation Settings not showing up.
* Removed group inside Emulation Settings.
* Added navigation menu and tile view to the File Selector.
* Moved view toggles to the navigation menu.
* Made "grid view" and "tile view" options separate.
* Added "up" button to the main emulator title bar.
* You can add your own game database in "/sdcard/VGB/names.dat".
* DPAD_CENTER now confirms key assignments.
* VGB shows up in Google Play for AndroidTV.