Maybe you know this situation: Your phones lays on your desk, you're in the kitchen and you get called. You do not hear your ring and when you come back to your desk, you don't notice that you were called because your device has no notification LED or you don't notice that little blinking...
Vibration Notifier offers a solution to this scenario: When you have a missed call, unread SMS or any other event*, the app keeps vibrating every X minutes for Y times or until you turn on the display of your device.
If you have any issues, please click on the question mark icon in the app to see common issues and how they can be resolved. For example, the app won't beep if your device is set to silent mode etc. Please note that the app does not change the vibration setting of the other apps, it will only do additional vibrations/beeps if you don't turn on your display before!
* all apps which notify you about new events by showing a notification in the Android status bar are supported, like WhatsApp, GoogleTalk, Twitter, facebook, etc. Note that this require access to your notification bar
Silent hours: Please note that when you set up a silent hours interval in the app, only Vibration Notifier itself won't vibrate or beep. It does not mute other apps so if you receive a new mail, your Gmail app might still beep!
VIBRATE - obviously necessary to enable the "vibrate every X min" feature
READ_PHONE_STATE - needed to detect missed calls & Android Wear
RECEIVE_SMS & READ_SMS - needed to detect unread SMS
WAKE_LOCK - seems like this is needed on some device to avoid infinite vibrating
READ_CALL_LOG & READ_CONTACTS - needed to differentiate between missed & rejected calls
READ_CONTENT_PROVIDER & GET_ACCOUNTS - necessary for new method to get unread Gmails
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Android Wear communication
- fixed unable to enable "beep" option in Android 5.0
- added option to ignore on-going notifications on Android 4.3+
- minor fixes
2.1.2: fixes for Android 5.0
- stop "notification access granted" state from being backuped & restored with "Google Backup & Restore"
- minor UI adjustments for SDK 21
- fixed issue with restoring IAP
- added a warning about STAMINA on Sony devices
- Android Wear integration (IAP feature, requires new permissions)