VidyoMobile requires a Vidyo account through your enterprise or third party Vidyo service provider.
This version of VidyoMobile delivers up to full HD business grade point-to-point and multipoint video conferencing to your Android smartphone or tablet device when connected to your enterprise or service provider’s Vidyo infrastructure.
Experience telepresence quality conferencing with shared content viewing on the move with VidyoMobile. The same low latency, reliable high quality video experience that is delivered to high-end room systems and desktops is extended to your Android devices. Your mobile device can connect seamlessly with VidyoDesktops, VidyoRooms, VidyoPanorama and legacy H.323 and SIP based endpoints through the VidyoGateway.
Unreliable wireless networks have traditionally posed challenges for video conferencing. Vidyo’s patented Adaptive Video Layering technology is the difference between VidyoMobile’s reliable video interaction at the pace of conversation, and the broken pictures and unnatural delays of traditional video conferencing solutions. Through this technology, video streams are dynamically optimized to provide the best quality video based on both the capabilities of the mobile device and the performance of the wireless network.
The VidyoMobile app is simple to install and use. VidyoMobile users have control over their layout and can choose which participants they want to view and can dynamically change between portrait and landscape orientations as well as preferred speaker and continuous presence modes. Since multiple desktop participants can share data in the conference at the same time, VidyoMobile offers a content dock where shared data may be previewed and selected or returned to the dock and hidden off screen, all with common Android gesture controls.
New in version 2.2 (103):
- Enhanced In-call Functionality: You can now display the list of call participants as well as invite other users to join an on-going conference.
- Choose Your Meeting Room: Lets you choose between using your own personal room and automatically creating a new room for every Vidyo meeting scheduled through the application.
- Enhanced Auto-login Functionality: Allows you to launch VidyoMobile and conveniently log in without having to re-enter the password.
- DTMF Tones: VidyoMobile can now generate DTMF tones while in a conference.
- Dutch Language Support: You can now view the user interface in Dutch.
- Vidyo Mode Selection: Enables you to specify the desired video quality ranging from 720p to Limited Bandwidth mode. Note that the actual ability to encode at 720p depends on the device capabilities (for example, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is capable of 720p).
- New Vidyo Gadget: Lets you start VidyoMobile as well as schedule a Vidyo meeting with a single click from your device’s Home screen.
Refer to the Description for the full list of new features.