It's easier than ever to discover inspiring route guides with ViewRanger 6. The new update features a fresh design and layout. View active navigation and trip data at a glance with Android Wear™. Navigate your outdoor adventure, detailed topo maps, and 1000's of trail guides. Perfect for backcountry exploring or simply days out in the frontcountry. Used and trusted by over 150 Search & Rescue teams across Europe and North America.
'Google Play' - One of the Best Apps of 2013
● GPS mapped location, even without mobile signal.
● Offline maps* – download premium maps or create a saved map.
● Discover 1000's of route guides via the new discovery tab.
● Track recording – record your journey on the map share it and even add photos.
● Sports computer stats – view distance, speed, altitude and much more.
● Real time location sharing and tracking - BuddyBeacon **
● Active Route Navigation***
● Create - POIs and tracks using waypoints.
● ViewRanger lasts even longer - powersave mode in the GPS settings.
● Synchronize the app - Upload / download routes and tracks.
● Customize your profile – add profile and banner images.
● Personalized route suggestions.
● Record a track, navigate and view track stats on Android Wear™
FREE MAPS INCLUDED
● OpenStreetMap© & OpenCycleMap Global street & terrain mapping
● Bing Aerial Imagery, Ski map, Transport map.
Add official USGS / Accuterra topographic mapping for the whole of the USA. NR CAN maps are available for Canada as well as many other premium topographic maps for other countries across Europe, North America and also New Zealand. With ViewRanger, you can choose the best map to use and you'll always know your mapped location even where there’s no mobile signal.
Already a fan of ViewRanger? Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates:
Free Global open-source topographic maps are available online and can be cached for offline use.
It’s easy to record a track of your progress, so you can view your path and stats for every trip. Your tracks can be stored using your free web account (my.viewranger.com) or shared using Facebook or Twitter, you can even add photos using Flickr, Instagram and Picasa.
You can also use BuddyBeacon, our PIN protected real-time** location sharing feature.
Planning a trip? Use ViewRanger to create & follow your own routes or simply download one from our massive library of expert and community generated walks and bike rides ***. Our expert guided routes are created by publishers, outdoors brands and tourist boards.
Designed for a wide variety of outdoor sports from walks or bike rides in the frontcountry, to climbing up or skiing down huge mountain peaks. ViewRanger is here to give you peace of mind out on the trail.
Paid for Map choice available in over 22 countries from national mapping agency and leading map providers.
*store in advance using 'Create Saved Map'. ** requires mobile signal. *** may incur additional charges. Free Global maps © OpenStreetMap contributors .
Need more info? visit: http://www.viewranger.com.
Any questions or feedback, please drop us an email: [email protected]
-New login / register screens
-New startup splash screen
-New compass with accuracy colour indicators.
-Coordinates bar can be switched on and off in menu.
-Screen orientation can be locked using menu > display preferences, to landscape, portrait or auto.
-The blue track timer button on the map can be configured - press and hold to change what it shows.
-Track recording and GPS fix improvements for more accurate track data.
-Waypoint alarms can now be triggered for Invisible waypoints.